• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

NoDak hunting question?

My frien now lives in NoDak. he said he has a place for me to hunt and stay. I live in minnesota so i want to know what steps I have to take to go duck and goos hunting out there this fall. Thanks

You need a hunters safety certificate, regardless of how old you are. If you have that, then you just need to buy the non-res license and the Federal stamp (if you have fed stamp from MN or another state, you don' tneed to buy it twice).

There are several license options, so you just need to know where you will hunt and the dates. You have two one-week slots. You can always do the second slot the last week of the season, and then if you decide to go again earlier you can call up and change the start date of the second week slot.

The NoDak folks are very, very nice people as you probably know. I can't say enough about them. We got to be very good friends with farmers we met while hunting.

Have a fun trip!

How the heck do you apply for a swan tag. I found the deadline is the middle of Aug, but I can't find out how to apply online. Can you? Or do you have to call them and mail in the app??

Anyone done this and know how it works.

The web site says that swan tags are not available at this time. You could call the license department at: 1-701-328-6335 & they can let you know if any will be available for non-residents.

Good luck.

They're available for non-res to apply for, the HSOforum lists the price for the permit for res and NR. I found where it said the deadline was Aug 13 last year, but can't find the application or anything on how to apply. I also found somewhere on their site the aps weren't available until the last week of july. That's pretty tight spacing if they were available July 25 and due Aug 13, no problem for me but it seems weird, just wanted to know if I have it right.

I found this, which is the application to hunt Waterfowl, Small Game, Crane, Furbearer and Non-game. In which you would think swan would be included, but I can't find it on there, I could just be missing it.

http://gf.nd.gov/licenses/docs/sfn-6115.pdf