Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
chasineyes

Our new Society!!

27 posts in this topic

Praise to the pop-stars and athletes...to hell with the military and everyday good citizens. cry

A day before New York Rep. Peter King called Michael Jackson a “pervert” unworthy of nonstop media coverage, the aunt of a U.S. soldier killed in Afghanistan on the same day Jackson died asked why her nephew's death went virtually unnoticed while the King of Pop got memorial shrines across the country.

"Mr. Jackson received days of wall-to-wall coverage in the media," Martha Gillis wrote to the Washington Post. "Where was the coverage of my nephew or the other soldiers who died that week?"

Gillis' nephew, Lt. Brian Bradshaw, 24, died in Kheyl, Afganistan, of wounds suffered when an improvised explosive device detonated near his vehicle. Bradshaw, of Steilacoom, Wash., was assigned to the 1st Battalion, 501st Parachute Infantry Regiment, 4th Airborne Brigade Combat Team, 25th Infantry Division in Fort Richardson, Alaska. He was one of at least 13 U.S. soldiers to die in Afghanistan since Jackson's death on June 25.

Bradshaw's mother, Mary, said she agreed with Gillis, saying the nonstop coverage of Jackson's death has become "totally ridiculous" and laughable.

"I can watch the news many nights and there's no mention of what's going on in Afghanistan or Iraq and there's boys dying over there," Bradshaw told FOXNews.com. "Oh God, I can't talk."

Gillis, of Springfield, Va., could not be reached for comment. In her letter to the Washington Post, she described Bradshaw as a "thoroughly decent person with a wry sense of humor" who loved history, particularly the Civil War.

"He had old-fashioned values and believed that military service was patriotic and that actions counted more than talk," Gillis wrote. "He wasn't much for talking, although he could communicate volumes with a raised eyebrow."

Bradshaw, who graduated from Pacific Lutheran University, was the product of a military family. His father, Paul, is a retired National Guard helicopter pilot, and his mother is a retired Army nurse.

"He was a search-and-rescue volunteer, an altar boy, a camp counselor," Gillis' letter continued. "He carried the hopes and dreams of his parents willingly on his shoulders. What more than that did Michael Jackson do or represent that earned him memorial 'shrines,' while this soldier's death goes unheralded?"

Gillis said the only media outlets that covered Bradshaw's death were in his hometown of Steilacoom, Wash., and those where he was stationed before his deployment in March.

Gillis' sentiment echoes that of King, the Long Island, N.Y., congressman who called on society to stop "glorifying" Jackson in a YouTube video posted on Monday.

King said Jackson had been excessively praised in the days after his death while society ignored the efforts of teachers, police officers and veterans. In the two-minute video, King called the "day in and day out" coverage of Jackson's death "too politically correct."

"Let's knock out the psychobabble," he said in the video, which was taped outside an American Legion Hall in his district. "He was a pervert, a child molester; he was a pedophile. And to be giving this much coverage to him, day in and day out, what does it say about us as a country? I just think we're too politically correct."

King, who is among the possible Republican contenders to run against Democratic Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand, acknowledged that Jackson "may have been a good singer" and "did some dancing," but he blasted the King of Pop as someone who could not be trusted around children.

"There's nothing good to say about this guy," King continued. "But the bottom line is, would you let your child or grandchild be in the same room as Michael Jackson?"

I agree 100%, where are all the memorials for the "true" hero's? These are the folks that put their lives on the line for everyone and might get a blurb in their local paper. It's pretty sad really.

would you let your child or grandchild be in the same room as Michael Jackson?"

no

Heck NO, i just heard that the city of LA is footing the whole bill for this memorial for Jackson. It is estimated that it will cost the city over 4 million for this [PoorWordUsage](e). They have set up a donation spot on the city of LA HSOforum if anyone feels compelled to help out. I call B S as normal. This is a day in our lives that we will never get back and if i think about it the amount of time that i took to write this about the perv is time lost. Support our military, our law enforcement, our DNR, and our fire fighters! those are the people who deserve a true memorial.

What channel is the funeral coverage on? Anyone watching?

had bits and pieces on here and there, brooks shields still looks GOOD, al sharpton, what an [PoorWordUsage]!???????????? kobe and magic where ok.

Where have all our hero's gone? They haven't gone anywhere, they just aren't noticed anymore.

Rest Easy Lt. Brian Bradshaw. This old Navy Chief proudly Salutes you.

Agreed, some people's perception of what a hero is needs to be re-evauluated. All the people crying and carrying on about this clown...what a joke. We got true heroes dying every day without notice and we worship a "guy" that did the moon walk and touched kids.

Sad

The whole MJ coverage has been pathetic. But possibly the worst thing is that while the media has been force feeding us nonstop Michael Jackson blather, our commander in chief is over in Russia negotiating away our national security with hardley any coverage.

But what's the difference, if they were covering the anointed one in Russia they would simply be reporting how much the foreigners love him and virtually nothing about what he is actually negotiating away.

The whole MJ coverage has been pathetic. But possibly the worst thing is that while the media has been force feeding us nonstop Michael Jackson blather, our commander in chief is over in Russia negotiating away our national security with hardley any coverage.

But what's the difference, if they were covering the anointed one in Russia they would simply be reporting how much the foreigners love him and virtually nothing about what he is actually negotiating away.

You state he's "negotiating away" our National security-please elaborate on this as I've read 6 articles from respected news sources and I can't find anything about what security is in jeopardy.

What I gathered was Obama is trying to erase the hard feelings between us and Russia and try to secure them as one of our allies. With the superpower military status of the Soviet Union,wouldn't it be better to have them as friends than foes? I mean,what's to gain by being enemies with them forever? If we go to war with Russia we're all dead-them and us-but as an allie? Big superpower.

From what I have heard and read, he is trying to reduce nuclear arms. I would guess that he is negotiating away one of the most dangerous weapons in the world. Obama is not the 1st President to talk with other countries that have nuclear weapons.

We could just let everyone increase their stash and wait for a world nuclear war. That may happen anyways but at least Obama is trying to stop it or at least slow it down.

He stated while running for President that he would sit down with these other countries and try to talk about these things.

In the best interest of the world, maybe we should at a minimum give him a chance instead of just pickig him apart.

This country elected Obama on what he said his plans were, shall we at least give him a chance?

harvey...

It's going to be a long 7.5 years down here in Silly Town, a guy can only consume so much whine. After Palin won the Iquit-erod this past weekend up in AK, 70% of polled Republicans said they would vote for her for president, seriously?!? That right there tells me that Obama is going to serve two terms, so I better get used to it whether I like it or not.

Any real conservatives out there willing to take back their party from the whackos??

I'm as sick as anyone of the MJ coverage, but we've been a pop culture for decades, that's just how we roll. Don't want to deal with it? Go mow the lawn or wet a line.

i guess there are enough wackos around for MJ, Elvis, Princess Di. Most people I run into are sick of it but there are just enough who eat that stuff up to keep it profitable for TMZ, and the gossip magazines. Personaly I have a hard time reading all my fish/hunt mags and watching outdoor channel to see what goes on in hollywierd.

Makes me sick though that we all are supposed to forget what schtuff mj pulled and celebrate his music. I bet Chris Ledoux inspired more cowboys and singers than all the Jacksons combined.

Come on.............Deep down inside every one of you had to bob your head to Billie Jean at one time or another.

As Duff said, we've been a pop culture ever since I've walked this earth. Michael Jackson did more humanitarian stuff than all the Sean Penns & Tim Robbins of this world combined. Is all this overkill? Sure. But, Graceland is still one of the most visited spots in the country.

harvey...

It's going to be a long 7.5 years down here in Silly Town, a guy can only consume so much whine. After Palin won the Iquit-erod this past weekend up in AK, 70% of polled Republicans said they would vote for her for president, seriously?!? That right there tells me that Obama is going to serve two terms, so I better get used to it whether I like it or not.

Any real conservatives out there willing to take back their party from the whackos??

I'm as sick as anyone of the MJ coverage, but we've been a pop culture for decades, that's just how we roll. Don't want to deal with it? Go mow the lawn or wet a line.

If she's dropping out because of negative publicity now, what does she think it would be like in the white house? Can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen I say.

Quote:
i guess there are enough wackos around for MJ, Elvis, Princess Di.

Hey Elvis is the king and always will be in IMO. IMO you are treading on thin ice when smack talking Elvis smirk

Quote:
Most people I run into are sick of it but there are just enough who eat that stuff up to keep it profitable for TMZ, and the gossip magazines.

I call B as in B and S as in S on the above. If you even know about it, and much less are sick about it, those are the people who "say" they are sick about it, but yet flip on TMZ every night, and read the covers of the mags in the grocery isle smirk. When people are sick about this stuff, they are just sick of the current "hot" story being broadcasted or printed in their media outlet, and want to move on to the next "fresh" one. How does a person get sick of something unless they are subjecting them selves to it???

A "hero" or a real "idol" is what ever that individual person wants him or her to be. No one is perfect (well maybe a few that post in this forum wink ) I am very sure any hero or unsung hero has something from his or hers past that might not make them the hero people in this forum would choose. The hero a person chooses is that eprsons hero. As far as the term "idol" I hate even using it anymore. I honestly think that show has cheapens the word. A true idol came along on his or hers own and became an idol. This nation has not seen a "true" idol for a long time. So just like the McDouble at Mc&Cracks, pumping out good cheap "idols" in the name of the mighty dollar, has become the 21st century version of an idol. But!!! That is just my opinion/take on how things are done today. Many enjoy this show, and (IMO) if even one person enjoys something (short anything harming them selves or others) it is worth some respect.

I feel the same with MJ’s death and the coverage. I may or may not care for it, but somebody does, and there for I have some element of respect for it. I feel (again IMO) it is the lack of respect either side of anything shows for each other. IMO that is what is dragging down "our" country (all thought I do not give much precedence that this country is being drug down. Maybe in a low period but no going down.).

News media chooses to report what the vast majority of their viewers want to see or read about. Just because I have a low opinion of one particular subject/event/story does not mean I am right in thinking that. When I start thinking I am “right” about something I do not fully know about, that is the time to start researching, or change the subject wink.

IMO no matter how much dislike, hatred, letting it bother you something has, it still deserves some element of respect. Being narrow minded, or one sided on something you have not given a chance, or have not lived it, or do not know much about, makes a person loose out on much in life. For example: I always have liked some of the older country stars and groups, but have hated anything after Randy Travis for most. I would not even bring myself to even try the “new” country. I would make fun of it, thought of people who listened to it in a poor manor and felt anyone who would produce such music was not all their. We as I get older, and learn life is too short to shut-out something I have never even given a chance, I said “I am going to give this new country a week”. Well low and behold it has been several weeks now and I am still listening. Much so I have a Zac Brown Band ring tone now on my cell phone. I have not listened to Joe S since my trial week while coming home from work (K102). All this while learning to enjoy something I shut/locked my mind out to. Heck, as open minded as I am when it comes to life, I can translate my enjoyment listening to Joe S on am1500 as another “breaking” the mind block barrier experience. Never thought I would even listen to that guy. I gave it a chance two years ago, and have enjoyed his show with out putting up a mind/belief barrier about some of his views. Just good old fashion fun.

Lastly if you do not think any media outlet pays tribute to the fallen hero’s over sea’s, tune in Nancy Grace. She dedicates parts of her show to this exact thing. She even is running the longest segments on it I have ever seen her done and even brings up the unsung hero’s who have passed since the MJ death. OH god this is an example of another open minded experience I had. Could not stand her show (mainly because of how she acted). My the wife likes her though and after a year of protest I started to watch. Now I lie in bed every night watching with my wife and enjoy the show. smile

I do not know, I could be totaly wrong about what I have posted above. It may not work for others but has opened my

Now that is a different perspective shackbash. Kind of refreshing.

Maybe I'll try that. If I subject myself to listening to MJ for a couple of weeks, maybe I'll learn to appreciate his music. smile Either that or I'll go nuts and blow my brains out shocked

Either way it would be a releaf crazy

Well walleye101. Here is a good start. Give your self one week and then out if no like wink

I will admit I have not listened to MJ for a long time. I did buy my son the Billy Jean album last X-Mas and told him that this was one of the biggest things in music that occurred since I was born. Oh man the leather jackets (fake back then) we had to have after the Billy Jean Album and Thriller came out grin. The leather pants phase (fake also) that went on for a year or two also. Working on the moon walk for hours and never being able to do it like MJ did on the Motown 25 though wink

I forgot how huge MJ was when I was in grade school. Have not thought about it for years. Some of the best times in my life. I think my first kiss happened in a pair of (way over worn) fake leather pants.

If our so-called "new" society (as the name of the thread states) is remembering great times from our youth/past, given to us by a man who has just died, then bring on this "new" society. If the sky is always falling when is it going to hit the ground? It has been falling since at least the 50's or when ever Chicken Licken and Henny Penny first hit the scene.

I guess the only time I would “pull the trigger” is when I shut myself out to things I know nothing about or never gave them a chance. If life is not worth living because of trying new things I guess I am already dead smile.

Don't be gettin all misty eyed now. Yes, those were the days, huh? MJ, the BeeGee's, Abba, Barry Manilow, Donnie & Marie Osmand, Captain & Teneil.........the sap was really flowing..............pop music?.......... or puke music?

Thank God for Rock&Roll!

He was a great pop idol, I will give him that. My wife got the greatest hits CD and her and my 12 year old daughter listen to it a lot. I have to admit, I don't mind it so much either.

His music is 1 thing, his personal life was a whole weird mixed up who knows what. But days of coverage is a joke. They won't show what happens in WAR ZONES because they don't want the backlash. There is more social gathering and junk on the news than there is real news.

Please take a moment to read this important message & tribute!

Michael Jackson dies and it's 24/7 news coverage.

A real American hero dies and not a mention of it in the news. The media seems to have no honor and God is watching...........

Ed Freeman

You're a 19-year-old kid. You're critically wounded and dying in the jungle in the Ia Drang Valley , 11-14-1965, LZ X-ray, Vietnam. Your infantry unit is outnumbered 8-1 and the enemy fire is so intense, from 100 or 200 yards away, that your own Infantry Commander has ordered the MediVac helicopters to stop coming in.

You're lying there, listening to the enemy machine guns, and you know you're not getting out. Your family is half way around the world, 12,000 miles away and you'll never see them again. As the world starts to fade in and out, you know this is the day.

Then, over the machine gun noise, you faintly hear that sound of a helicopter and you look up to see an unarmed Huey, but it doesn't seem real because no Medi-Vac markings are on it.

Ed Freeman is coming for you. He's not Medi-Vac, so it's not his job, but he's flying his Huey down in to the machine gun fire, after the Medi-Vacs were ordered not to come.

He's coming anyway.

And he drops it in and sits there in the machine gun fire as they load 2 or 3 of you on board.

Then he flies you up and out, through the gunfire to the doctors and nurses.

And he kept coming back, 13 more times, and took about 30 of you and your buddies out, who would never have gotten out.

Medal of Honor Recipient Ed Freeman died on Wednesday, June 25th, 2009, at the age of 80, in Boise , ID. May God rest his soul.

Medal of Honor Winner Ed Freeman

Since the media didn't give him the coverage he deserves, send this to every red-blooded American you know.

THANKS AGAIN, ED, FOR WHAT YOU DID FOR OUR COUNTR

RIP

It's not what you take when you leave this world behind you, Its what you leave behind you when you go.

Very nice story but anything posted that was sent via e-mail should be checked into first wink

From Snoopes

Quote:

Ed Freeman

Claim: Article describes coverage of the death of Medal of Honor recipient Ed Freeman.

MIXTURE OF TRUE AND FALSE INFORMATION

Example: [Collected via e-mail, February 2009]

Ed Freeman

You're a 19 year old kid. You're critically wounded, and dying in the jungle in the Ia Drang Valley , 11-14-1965, LZ X-ray, Vietnam. Your infantry unit is outnumbered 8 - 1, and the enemy fire is so intense, from 100 or 200 yards away, that your own Infantry Commander has ordered the MediVac helicopters to stop coming in.

You're lying there, listening to the enemy machine guns, and you know you're not getting out. Your family is half-way around the world, 12,000 miles away, and you'll never see them again. As the world starts to fade in and out, you know this is the day. Then, over the machine gun noise, you faintly hear that sound of a helicopter, and you look up to see an un-armed Huey, but it doesn't seem real, because no Medi-Vac markings are on it.

Ed Freeman is coming for you. He's not Medi-Vac, so it's not his job, but he's flying his Huey down into the machine gun fire, after the Medi-Vacs were ordered not to come.

He's coming anyway.

And he drops it in, and sits there in the machine gun fire, as they load 2 or 3 of you on board.

Then he flies you up and out through the gunfire, to the Doctors and Nurses.

And, he kept coming back.... 13 more times..... And took about 30 of you and your buddies out, who would never have gotten out.

Medal of Honor Recipient, Ed Freeman, died last Wednesday at the age of 80, in Boise , ID ......May God rest his soul.....

I bet you didn't hear about this hero's passing, but we sure were told a whole bunch about some Hip-Hop Coward beating the [PoorWordUsage] out of his "girlfriend."

Medal of Honor Winner Ed Freeman!

Shame on the American Media.

Variations: In July 2009, a reference to the recent death of Michael Jackson was added to the article quoted above ("Michael Jackson dies and it's 24/7 news coverage. A real American hero dies and not a mention of it in the news. The media has no honor and God is watching"), and Ed Freeman's date of death was altered to 25 June 2009.

Origins: In March 2009, the U.S. House of Representatives passed a resolution designating the U.S. Postal Service facility located at 103 West Main Street in McLain, Mississippi, as the 'Major Ed W. Freeman Post Office'. McLain was the hometown of Ed Freeman, a veteran of World War II, the Korean War, and the Vietnam War who passed away in August 2008:

"It is extremely fitting that we should name a federal building after Major Ed Freeman," Congressman Mike Simpson said. "It is an honor to have known him, and all Americans should be honored that he served our country and defend her in the manner in which he did."

The bill to designate the post office in Freeman's honor passed the U.S. House unanimously with a final vote of 384-0.

Freeman was a Mississippi native, and the Post Office that was renamed is located in his hometown.

At that time, the original version of the e-mail quoted above began circulating, a version that lamented the media attention given to "some Hip-Hop coward beating the [PoorWordUsage] out of his 'girlfriend'" (a reference to rapper Chris Brown's having been arrested in February 2009 on charges of battery against his girlfriend, Rihanna) while Ed Freeman's death received much less coverage. (These events were not simultaneous, as Ed Freeman had passed away in August 2008, several months before Chris Brown's arrest.)

In July 2009, shortly after the death of singer Michael Jackson, the piece was altered to reference him rather than Chris Brown, and to change the date of Ed Freeman's death to 25 June 2009 in order to create the mistaken impression that Freeman had passed away on the same day as Jackson and that his death was therefore ignored by the media in the crush of Michael Jackson coverage. (As noted in the previous paragraph, Ed Freeman actually passed away in August 2008, nearly a year before the death of Michael Jackson.)

All of this posturing should not be allowed to obscure the accomplishments of the very real Ed Freeman, who at a White House ceremony in July 2001 was presented with the Medal of Honor by President George W. Bush. President Bush said of Freeman on that occasion:

By all rights, another president from Texas should have had the honor of conferring this medal. It was in the second year of Lyndon Johnson's presidency that Army Captain Ed Freeman did something that the men of the 7th Calvary have never forgotten. Years passed, even decades, but the memory of what happened on November 14, 1965 has always stayed with them.

For his actions that day, Captain Freeman was awarded the distinguished Flying Cross, but the men who were there, including the commanding officer, Lieutenant Colonel Bruce Crandall, felt a still higher honor was called for. Through the unremitting efforts of Lieutenant Colonel Crandall and many others and the persuasive

weight from Senator John McCain, the story now comes to its rightful conclusion.

That story began with a battalion surrounded by the enemy in one of Vietnam's fiercest battles. The survivors remember the desperate fear of almost certain death. They remember gunfire that one witness described as the most intense he had ever seen, and they remember the sight of an unarmed helicopter coming to their aid. The man with the controls flew through the gunfire not once, not 10 times, but at least 21 times. That single helicopter brought the water, ammunition and supplies that saved many lives on the ground, and the same pilot flew more than 70 wounded soldiers to safety.

General Eisenhower once observed that when you hear a Medal of Honor citation, you practically assume that the man in question didn't make it out alive. In fact, about 1 in 6 never did, and the other five, men just like you all here, probably didn't expect to.

Citations are also written in the most simple of language, needing no embellishment or techniques of rhetoric. They record places and names and events that describe themselves. The medal itself bears only one word and needs only one, valor.

As a boy of 13, Ed Freeman saw thousands of men on maneuvers pass by his home in Mississippi. He decided then and there that he would be a soldier. A lifetime later the Congress has now decided that he's even more than a soldier because he did more than his duty. He served his country and his comrades to the fullest, rising above and beyond anything the Army or the nation could have ever asked.

It's been some years now, since he left the service and was last saluted.

But from this day, wherever he goes, by military tradition, Ed Freeman will merit a salute from any enlisted personnel or officer of rank. Commander Seevers, I'll now ask you to read this citation of the newest member of the Congressional Medal of Honor Society, and it'll be my honor to give him his first salute.

Ed Freeman's Medal of Honor citation reads as follows:

freeman.jpg

Captain Ed W. Freeman, United States Army, distinguished himself by numerous acts of conspicuous gallantry and extraordinary intrepidity on 14 November 1965 while serving with Company A, 229th Assault Helicopter Battalion, 1st Cavalry Division (Airmobile). As a flight leader and second in command of a 16-helicopter lift unit, he supported a heavily engaged American infantry battalion at Landing Zone X-Ray in the Ia Drang Valley, Republic of Vietnam. The unit was almost out of ammunition after taking some of the heaviest casualties of the war, fighting off a relentless attack from a highly motivated, heavily armed enemy force. When the infantry commander closed the helicopter landing zone due to intense direct enemy fire, Captain Freeman risked his own life by flying his unarmed helicopter through a gauntlet of enemy fire time after time, delivering critically needed ammunition, water and medical supplies to the besieged battalion. His flights had a direct impact on the battle's outcome by providing the engaged units with timely supplies of ammunition critical to their survival, without which they would almost surely have gone down, with much greater loss of life. After medical evacuation helicopters refused to fly into the area due to intense enemy fire, Captain Freeman flew 14 separate rescue missions, providing life-saving evacuation of an estimated 30 seriously wounded soldiers — some of whom would not have survived had he not acted. All flights were made into a small emergency landing zone within 100 to 200 meters of the defensive perimeter where heavily committed units were perilously holding off the attacking elements. Captain Freeman's selfless acts of great valor, extraordinary perseverance and intrepidity were far above and beyond the call of duty or mission and set a superb example of leadership and courage for all of his peers. Captain Freeman's extraordinary heroism and devotion to duty are in keeping with the highest traditions of military service and reflect great credit upon himself, his unit and the United States Army.

Last updated: 14 July 2009

Urban Legends Reference Pages © 1995-2009 by Barbara and David P. Mikkelson.

This material may not be reproduced without permission.

snopes and the snopes.com logo are registered service marks of snopes.com.

Sources:

Jontz, Sandra. "Decades Later, Vietnam War Hero Is Finally Awarded Medal of Honor."

Stars and Stripes. 17 July 2001.

CNN. "Bush Presents Congressional Medal of Honor."

16 July 2001.

Idaho Press-Tribune. "Congress Names Post Office for Valley Medal of Honor Recipient."

18 March 2009.

Idaho Statesman. "MOH Recipient Ed Freeman Dies."

21 August 2008.

I would call CNN, NBC, ABC, MSN and CBS and ask them. Maybe the networks should have at least one cable access channel dedicated to war hero's, veterans and soldiers. Maybe they do and I do not know about it.

The TV is something someone chooses to watch. You read into what it displays as much as "you" want. What they show is only as good as they people watching it. We all want to be on TV in some fashion and if you do not you would not care what the stations show. I do not loose to much sleep over this issue. For one "who cares" if a bunch of TV exec's choose not to run 24/7 coverage of every solider over sea's. For one I am sure the military would have to be involved and maybe it is the military and government telling the TV stations to down play the war???? I do not know. Maybe the vast majority of the public just will not watch? You can not appease everyones intrests, so the TV stations choose what the vast majority want (I would assume).

The one thing I hold comfort in with this country and dedicating/remembering current and past hero's is in monuments. Every little town across America has something in it paying tribute to military hero's. The nations capital and major cities all have some kind of major monument also. Is this enough, probably not, but no celeb in history will ever get this kind of coverage wink. Did they break away from the Vietnam coverage back in the 70's to report a current death of a popular celebrity, yes. They just did not have 1100 channels, where 30 of them run the story like now-a-days, but you know they "special break news" broadcast interruptions and the first part of the news was dedicated to that.

IMO to pushing this issue further shows a level of disrespect to the people who serve in this country. As cheap, instant and over, bought and sold, traded and pushed, fake and scripted as TV is I say "who cares" because I sure am not going to say anyone who fought and served for this country is not good enough for TV. I think they are above it. smile

Did anyone even ask Ed Freeman if he cares he was not on TV? Did Ed Freeman want to be anything more than what he lived his life as? I have no clue?