• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

graph question?

kc0myy

when I am going a a breakline. right below the bottem of the breakline on the graph I see another line just like a breakline. what does this mean? I hope I am explaning this right too.

I have the same graph. I get the same thing. I was told to turn my sensitivity up until I saw the second line for the bottom. It should be twice as deep as the actual depth. If you don't like it, just turn down the sensitivity, but then you'll lose some detail.

I think you guys are seeing the thermocline. A few lakes around Alex just turned over so it was fairly noticable the last few weeks. Does the middle line tend to read in the same depth even when you go deeper or shallower? Whiteline or colorline is a bottom setting on your graph that allows you to distinguish between hard and soft bottom.

I think you guys are seeing the thermocline. A few lakes around Alex just turned over so it was fairly noticable the last few weeks. Does the middle line tend to read in the same depth even when you go deeper or shallower? Whiteline or colorline is a bottom setting on your graph that allows you to distinguish between hard and soft bottom.

From the bottem on the lake to where there is white again to the bottem on the screen. on breaklines I see a 2nd bottem thats what I am asking about. its hard to explane. but its not the thermocline. I have seen those before.

What you are seeing is a double echo. It is when the sensitivity is too high or as some would think just right. What is happening is the signal from your unit is bouncing off the bottom and then bouncing off the surface of the water and then bouncing back off bottom and then hitting your receiver. You see the normal bottom and then you see the second echo as twice as deep. If your unit was sensitive enough you could see 3 or 4 or ? You can eliminate this by either turning the sensitivity down so you can not see the second echo or if you want it higher sensitivity just set to the depth range to manual and then adjust it so you only see the first bottom. That should take care of it.

What you are seeing is a double echo. It is when the sensitivity is too high or as some would think just right. What is happening is the signal from your unit is bouncing off the bottom and then bouncing off the surface of the water and then bouncing back off bottom and then hitting your receiver. You see the normal bottom and then you see the second echo as twice as deep. If your unit was sensitive enough you could see 3 or 4 or ? You can eliminate this by either turning the sensitivity down so you can not see the second echo or if you want it higher sensitivity just set to the depth range to manual and then adjust it so you only see the first bottom. That should take care of it.

ok because I have seen that before and i wa not sure what it was. I never saw any fish or weeds with it. it never bugged me to have to on there. but I will play around with it. Thanks

I would be one of those who, when I can see the double echo, my sensitvity is in the window where I want it. I couldnt imagine having my sensitivity set so low as to not see it.

Your sonar is letting you in on the type of bottom you are over and by turning the sens down you would loose that information. To each their own I guess you could say.