• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

What's for Breakfast

Oh dear! I was finally going to break out the tent this week. After crossing paths with a bear in the dark in Glacier as a kid, I am really nervous about the little guys. And my 15 pound fuzz ball isn't going to help, is she? Maybe I'll start out down here on the prairie. Nice photo, though! Something about how the black items around the fire and his black fur play off that lush green.

We heard her snorting and stomping right after breakfast and were quite surprised when she poked her head out at the edge of camp. She was about 20'-24' away. Hubby was making the loud noises to try and scare her off and I knew not to panic. It's all part of the camping adventure.

Very interesting to say the least, bears are always to given the utmost respect aren't they!

By the way, how long have you been cooking with those "Dutch Ovens"? They are absolutely amazing and there's nothing that can't cooked cooked in them! I have enjoyed countless meals via the "Dutchie" as years ago I used to run wildness camps deep in the back country. Man how I miss those camps! cry

Stu -

We've been actively using dutch ovens for about 7 years now. ALWAYS for a German Pancake every trip and each time we camp, I try at least one new recipe. Ever try lasagna or pizza??