Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MAB

Great Ride

7 posts in this topic

This past week I put some great miles on. I thought I would share one strech that was real good. If you are ever in the area and have time take 61 north out of Duluth to Beaver Bay then take MN 1 to Ely. MN 1 is great and probably 65 miles of curves and forest area and not much traffic. Enjoy

I've been wanting to ride that stretch of road since I got my bike.

I did that once many years ago. simply amazing sights.

That is one of, if not, the best roads in the state if you like twisties.(like me!)

I rode that about 10 years ago. Almost got run into by a Bear. He was high-tailing it out of somebody's yard. Them things can run! I hope they got some of the bumps out of it by now. One of the best rides there is.

Several years ago the wife and I and the kids took a vacation to the North Shore. We drove HWY 1 to Ely. By the time we got there, the wife and kids were sick. Guess I was having too much fun on the twisties. grin

Thanks for the info MAB !

Thats a stretch I have always wondered about. We should gather some forum fellers together and twist some throttles through all those wonderful twisties !