• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Cheap or Free RV camping

Big Dave2

Anyone know of any cheap or free campgrounds with sites large enough to fit a 25" fifth wheel RV? Electricity and water at the sites are nice but not necessary.

It would be nice to compile a list. I know of a couple.

Rush River Park near Henderson costs only a suggested donation of $10 per night. Of course there is no water or electric for this cost but it is a nice park.

Lake Auburn campground near Victoria only charges $11 per night and again there is no water or electric.

There are many campgrounds in the $20-25 range that also include electricity and sometimes water. Lots of County parks are in this range like Baylor park and Baker park. There are also city parks in St. Peter and Henderson that are $20 per night. Allanson's in Henderson has water and Electric while St. Peter has just electric.

OK, these are all the cheap campgrounds I can think of. What do you know of?

If you are in western MN there is Pine Ridge Park just north east of Herman. It is free to camp there. There are outhouse and i think running water but no showers. I am not sure about electricity. It is at a dam/resivoir in the mustinka river. There is a beach and walking trails and decent fishing for walleye and northern as well as others. Below the dam is a good place to shore fish.

Quote:
Anyone know of any cheap or free campgrounds with sites large enough to fit a 25" fifth wheel RV? Electricity and water at the sites are nice but not necessary.

You could park anywhere with a "25 inch" rig. If your looking for cheap, my driveway, on a lake for $20 with electric (110) and water per day...

river-rat4