• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Minnesota Metro Muskie reports?

Any news as of late about the fishing out Tonka way? Bald Eagle? Just wondering how the fishing has been as I have not been out for a while now. I'll post results as I plan on hitting Tonka this week. Thanks!

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was on Forest Friday AM and only had 1 darn follow. I'm pretty sure there was a bass tourny out there as well and I didn't see any of those guys cathing fish either. Was on Bald Eagle yesterday and had a handful of follows on lost a nice one but nothing spectacular. BE is beginning to green up a bit compared to the past few weeks I think.

-erik

Last week my dad and I hit calhoun and recorded 3 small follows and 2 nice bass friday evening. Sunday morning we went to waconia in search of bigger fish and had 2 follows with a 35" pike.

This weekend we tried to get away from the crowds by fishing harriet and regretted that. We only saw one fish and the lake is really green. Plus the people putting in sailboats and canoes did not know what they were doing. Almost made me wish I was at a tonka access...almost

Hopefully others have done better than me lately.

Zelmsdawg

Fished White Bear this morning 5am - 11:30. Nothing in the net. Moved a mid 40" fish off a deep weed edge 20ft of water on a willowbeast around 7am. Had a 50"+ beast follow a fiqure 8 around 3 times but she would not eat my cowgirl. This was around 10am. This fish came from a thick weed clump in 12ft of water. This is the biggest metro muskie I seen in a while. Water temps around 73. Moved nothing on topwater or bulldogs.

Good luck!

Brian

Fished a couple lakes this weekend, found fish in the weeds or relating to complicated structure full of weeds. Had 4 topwater blowups that missed hooks from pretty darn big fish and follows from 6-7 smaller one's.

Had 2-3 hit swimbaits very explosively as well, but again no hooks. I think i'm going to attach dynamite with an impact trigger to all my lures...

Eagle Lake all day saturday, saw 2. One followed my top raider then just turned off about 20 feet from the boat. Could've been the same fish but later I saw one swimming up on the surface. The one I moved was right after that little storm blew through. I guess I should add that the 2 seen were in Pile Lake not Eagle.

Yeah, the last time I fished Eagle I made the trip over to Pike and saw a fish off the weed island by the hole. Eagle is one of my favorite lakes in regard that early in the spring I can go stand on the bridge and watch skies swim back and forth through that channel/creek connecting the 2.

Zelmsdawg

7 follows, 1 blow up on viper, 1 missed swipe at spinnerbait at boatside n lost 1 biggun at boatside 45ish" or up on phantom softail.. Grabbed the lure when I speed up retrieve 10 ft from boat then went right under boat. took a few headshake n line went limp... I think I cried a lil bit but hey that was fun!

Hit B.E. Saturday AM... Sighted one, flossed the teeth of one (high thirty's) with my Bucktail on the second turn of the 8 and bagged a 43" near high noon. The latter launched out of the water like a skud missle, I think it was [PoorWordUsage]. Glad I made those last few casts. Most productive outing I've had.

Just got back from Tonka. SLOW for me. 2 follows, 1 pike. Fished mostly shallow, didn't try deep weed edge much-that was probably a mistake. Water temps around 75-76 so you would think the shallows would have some fish up on them. Foil looks real thick in spots. Maybe a night bite right now?

Just got back from Tonka. SLOW for me. 2 follows, 1 pike. Fished mostly shallow, didn't try deep weed edge much-that was probably a mistake. Water temps around 75-76 so you would think the shallows would have some fish up on them. Foil looks real thick in spots. Maybe a night bite right now?

Heh, was out there this morning as well, deep = nada.

Plan on hitting it again tomorrow or Thursday morning. What rig you in JRedig?

You can find me in a black/green Tuffy 1760. Swing by and say hi if you see me out. We can exchange notes on whats going on with the fish...

Plan on hitting it again tomorrow or Thursday morning. What rig you in JRedig?

You can find me in a black/green Tuffy 1760. Swing by and say hi if you see me out. We can exchange notes on whats going on with the fish...

Full windshield? Running east to west just after 7am this morning? If so, i think I saw you. I was in a friends boat, same color as mine, blue. His is an alumacraft, mine's a ranger. I'm thinking about the next few following mornings as well, but usually i get out about 4am and leave for work by about 8:15am. I'll keep an eye out.

Owasso this evening; caught one upper 30's fish on a double 10, had one other one hooked up, and saw about six more. Saw a guy in a smaller green Lund boat one as well. All were about a half hour before and after sunset.

if you weren't out tonight, you were missing it. 4 fish night. All short but was fun. Biggest pulling in at 44". Would've been 5 fish except pulled the lure out of its mouth as i bent down to pick up the net. All fish were shallow except the bigger one. Caught 3 of the them next to lilly pads. Really sucks leaving shades on the counter at home and blind fig8's. Didn't see many peeps at all except one guy trolling in the pontoon.

just got off eagle. no fish no follows. did see one other boat get two after dark. i saw the flash from the camera. one of these days ill get a ski. its driving me nuts. think im gonna give it another shot tomorrow night.

iceman

Fish havn't heated up during the night fully yet. The good cloud cover yesterday help pushed fish shallow I believe. Not to mention fullmoon. Did pick up the two fish with 9pm and 9:30. First year really trying to put in time aside for moon phase. Jointed-cranks jerked fast shallow or along weed lines. Should be good still, thinking better tomorrow morning with the storm otw and wind change to SW.

Sun and Moon Data for One Day (from USNO HSOforum)

The following information is provided for Minneapolis, Hennepin County, Minnesota (longitude W93.3, latitude N45.0):

Wednesday

8 July 2009 Central Daylight Time

SUN

Begin civil twilight 4:59 a.m.

Sunrise 5:35 a.m.

Sun transit 1:18 p.m.

Sunset 9:01 p.m.

End civil twilight 9:37 p.m.

MOON

Moonrise 9:27 p.m. on preceding day

Moon transit 2:00 a.m.

Moonset 6:40 a.m.

Moonrise 9:54 p.m.

Moonset 7:44 a.m. on following day

Phase of the Moon on 8 July: waning gibbous with 98% of the Moon's visible disk illuminated.

Full Moon on 7 July 2009 at 4:22 a.m. Central Daylight Time.

the mississippi is pumping 'skis out like mad right now. nothing huge or anything yet but 44-47 aint too bad. i took the next two days off. so muskie in the morn, wally late morn, muskie again later, and cats and walter all night and pike durring all times. sleep is optional durring cat times. is that why it's called a ''cat nap''? grin

find an eddy for 'ski's. they are relating to them like i haven't seen them do in awhile. (a lot)

heck, mabe i'll see about some sunnies too this weekend. four whole days and five nights of river bliss. cool

good luck.

b1gf1sh1,

I have never fished the river but after reading your posts over the last couple years, I'm starting to want to. The reasons I don't is because I have a smaller boat and am inexperienced with running rivers and don't want to destroy my motor...

Is this pool 2 you're fishing or further north? If you don't want to post it but will email I'm at [email protected]

Thanks

Zelmsdawg