• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

July Morson reports

Sumandr,

I figured that's where you were talking about. We do head up that way when we are in the mood for a boat ride or a change of scenery. But 90 percent of our summer fishing is just to the west of the mainland... where the entire basin is 24 feet and the reefs top off at 8-10. I can get to most of them in less than 15 minutes...

I haven't touched a jig or minnow since early June. All we use after June 15th (when they hit the reefs) is spinners on bouncers with crawlers and, when we haven't been winded out, we've had fantastic fishing. I've never seen a year with such a great average size! (Nothing over 25'' yet, however, which is a little unusual) The problem has been the wind.

Take care all, keep the reports coming. I've got two weeks to go to get back up...

PS Shorelunch, You can bring crawlers up from the states if they are not in dirt. We have a place in town here where we get 5 dozen for $7 -- a heck of a lot cheaper than minnows in Morson!!!

Shorelunch,

The bait shop/gas station on the left in Blackduck has crawlers in bedding. We've found that to be a nice spot to stop as they have a plethora of stuff. Of course, I like the guys over at Bluewater too.

Shorelunch,

The bait shop/gas station on the left in Blackduck has crawlers in bedding. We've found that to be a nice spot to stop as they have a plethora of stuff. Of course, I like the guys over at Bluewater too.

Ahhh . . . yes, I forgot we can haul them up in bedding. Thanks. Yep, both Bluewater and Timberline in Blackduck are good choices on the way up.

Rkpt, I think I've seen your rig up there before - do you come up a few times a year?

We were fishing 3/8 to 1/2 oz jigs with either minnows or crawlers. The one fish that we got in 30' of water was just North of the Ballfield. Most of the water in that spot is no deeper than 26' but when we netted one fish there, the sonar said 30'. As I said, though, most of our fish came from 18" to 24' of water.

E.W.

Hope to have an updated report sometime this afternoon. One of my partners has been at the trailer since last Thursday. I will post something when I hear from him.

Eastwind, we had some great fishing out in the Buoy 12 / Ballfield area on one of my late June trips. One of the few times this year when you could run out that way and be able to hold a spot!