• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Appleton OHV Park

ac777

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know I started this post about ATV's but I now have another question about it. has anyone taken off highway vehicles out here at all, like off road pick ups and jeeps? I know they have trails for this, just wondering how good they were.

The wife and I were both riding Sportsman 500's. There were lots of optional water crossings (some 2+ feet deep). Ours are lifted with 27" tires. It was a diverse area with a gravel pit, wooded ridge runs, swamp, and mx sytle tracks. I will be back soon!

The truck trails seem to be similar to the atv trails (hills, water and woods). There are also some rocks and telephone polls to drive over like this.

3843950274_8418edf251.jpg

I've driven on the other side of the highway a little bit that I could. I'd recommend a lift kit, tires and a bad paint job because it will get scratched up in the woods.

I just spotted a video on the swift county web site of the prairie sportsmen show at the park with jeeps.

so....on the other side of the Highway.............you recommend the lift,tires, and bad paint...(jeeps/trucks??)

So would a UTV be able to ride those telephone poles....even tho its a class 2 atv?

ALso is it busy on the weekends? How about this weekend what you all think?

well i drove by there tonight since i have never been there and now i know where to park and what not but anyway it looks to be fun. The Main entrance i call it right off of hwy 59 the gate was only wide enough for atvs not side by sides so i was worried i was not going to get to ride there...but then i drove around to the other entrances or parking areas and i think they will work out nicely.

i will try and take some pictures. Have a safe weekend everyone!

Was out there this past sunday afternoon and man was it a blast!! Lots of terrain to ride, from mud pits, to sand hills to a 200 yard long swamp with a trail going through it and water tire deep the whole way!!! Hopefully we get another decent weekend soon cause i will definetly be going back soon!! The 650 brute got a darn good workout!!!

I am planning on making a trip down there on the 27th of march it says on line that its open but i suppose i better call and make sure first its great to hear all the good comments on it this HSO is a great place.

Hey cowhead.....a big bunch of us plan on going next weekend but if you are serious about goin I would surely meet you in appleton and do some riding if you are looking for someone to ride with!! The park is alot of fun and a good test for your machine! This time of year is bound to be extremely muddy and lots of deep water to ride through!!

Well gr8icefishinmind I am plannin on going March 27th what do you ride? What are the Trails like im new the the ATV owning world im still a beginner ha ha ha but i am going with a guy from Avon MN but your more than welcome to join in if we make it down there