• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Shimano Cumara

Craigums

I know there are alot of Shimano guys in this forum. Has anybody else had problems with this rod or is it just me? The rod has broken twice on me now. This time I was fighting a 2 pounder and reached over to grab the fish out of the water, heard a "pop" and about 4 inches of the tip broke off. Its an incredibly sensative and light wieght rod I absolutely love using it but to have it break every couple months is really frustrating. I am very good with my equipment and always keep it in a rod slick when not in use. Ive never broken any other rods ive ever owned.

Any time a rod company uses a very high mod graphite and thinned walled rod, there is a chance they could break. I own 5 cumara rods and have broke one. It was my own fault as I lifted a fish into the boat. I however had no problems at all exchanging it at Thorne brothers.

Also, the likelihood of breaking a rod increases when the rod is held anywhere but the handle when landing fish... not saying you held the blank and put pressure on the rod when it broke, just mentioning it... smile

Also, the likelihood of breaking a rod increases when the rod is held anywhere but the handle when landing fish... not saying you held the blank and put pressure on the rod when it broke, just mentioning it... smile

That may have been the issue, I was holding the blank slightly above reel when I reached down to grab the fish. but still no where near the half way point. I guess i'll have to use a net everytime I land a fish from now on.

Ive got a couple of them but have only had problems with the CUC72MH. Fanstastic Rod and a great warrenty but if does seem fragile to me. probably due to the high modulus graphite. Got it replaced without much hassle now ill just try not to look at it funny and keep it away from any light breeze... lol jk