Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JIGGIN'

Gore Tex Raingear wash?

4 posts in this topic

Anyone here know of a product that is good for washing gore-tex rainwear? I have some really expensive raingear and would like to clean it up right. Thanks for any and all advice on this. Happy 4th!

This from GORE-TEX: "Machine-wash warm (104° F/40° C). Powder or liquid detergent. No fabric softener. Follow the manufacturer’s recommended care instructions - typically found on an inside tag."

I have a set of Cabela's camo winter outerware made from Gore-Tex. Three years old now, been washed once (I hang mine to dry rather than put it in the dryer). It hasn't lost any of its waterproofness.

I am not near the jacket so cannot read the tag, but I remember a warning about not using liquid detergents. Not sure why. Anyhow, I have been using powdered Arm and Hammer brand for my Gore-tex for about 8 years with no troubles. One box lasts a long time, I use liquid for other laundry.

I have washed my Gortex several times with a warm water only. Maybe a spot of degertent where needed but thats it. I Hang dry as well. They are as good as when I got them 6 years ago.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• I prefer Hedley Lamarr    
    •   Lol been making them for years.  Funny you were just able to "get it".  
    •   Yep only you and the club "get it".  
    • He was looking better but then last night happened and it reminded you the last couple seasons have been just bad after a promising start a few years back. Heck I might even swap him for one of the Jets goalies, they all have been terrible but with a competent D they might work in a pinch.
    • D2E learned how to make his own memes, this should be entertaining.
    •   (D2E, returning to check his deposit)
    •   Yes, please. I have no faith in Kuemper even in spot duty. He really does have the talent, but he's too much of a head case. The Francisco Liriano of hockey? Lol. Last night was a dumpster fire (although that fourth goal wasn't his fault, it still rattled him--we can't have that mentality on any level, even if he sees the ice very infrequently).
    • Sounds like we have pretty serious interest in Latavius Murray from Oakland. I'd be all for that. Good runner, decent receiving back, and good pass blocking back. AKA, a complete RB and a 3-down guy. At 27, he's not a super long term solution, but for 2-3 years I'd take swing at him. This draft is solid at RB, so we can draft and develop while Murray and McKinnon hold down the fort.   As for AP, I have so many good memories, and he might even be poised for one of those bounce-back type years where he rips of 1300 and 12 TDs, but I just have to believe that should be done somewhere else. He flat out doesn't fit this offensive style. We need a more well rounded back (Murray or someone like him). Hang up your spurs in Texas, AP. Thanks for the good times.

• A lot of people don't get the political extremist either, probably more of us leaning away from the parties than people doubling down on them, not to mention the 70 some million that just watch form the sidelines. Just because people actually voted for idiots like Trump & Clinton doesn't mean they were happy to do it. One could even say they were forced into it which all of us really were because of the systems in place. But hey you keep on spinning it any way you'd like.
  • Our Sponsors