Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JIGGIN'

Gore Tex Raingear wash?

4 posts in this topic

Anyone here know of a product that is good for washing gore-tex rainwear? I have some really expensive raingear and would like to clean it up right. Thanks for any and all advice on this. Happy 4th!

This from GORE-TEX: "Machine-wash warm (104° F/40° C). Powder or liquid detergent. No fabric softener. Follow the manufacturer’s recommended care instructions - typically found on an inside tag."

I have a set of Cabela's camo winter outerware made from Gore-Tex. Three years old now, been washed once (I hang mine to dry rather than put it in the dryer). It hasn't lost any of its waterproofness.

I am not near the jacket so cannot read the tag, but I remember a warning about not using liquid detergents. Not sure why. Anyhow, I have been using powdered Arm and Hammer brand for my Gore-tex for about 8 years with no troubles. One box lasts a long time, I use liquid for other laundry.

I have washed my Gortex several times with a warm water only. Maybe a spot of degertent where needed but thats it. I Hang dry as well. They are as good as when I got them 6 years ago.