• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Congrats to all fireworks shooters

Hey all:

Just wanted to post an "attaboy" for all the neat fireworks photo threads running in here now. Rather than go into each one and say "nice job!" 5,309 times, I figured I'd look at all of them and then give kudos en masse. gringrin

Really pretty photographs, everyone! smilesmile

I also, have really enjoyed viewing them. I haven't gone out to watch fireworks for many years. It's nice to see these without the accompanying noise. I may have been tempted to shoot some if the full moon would have been in line with the fireworks. That could have been unique.

Mucho gracias for sharing these gorgeous shots.

The moon also tempted me. It was the wrong angle to shoot with the moon and fireworks from my house (the fireworks are a quarter mile away in plain view), and I didn't feel like toting my gear and driving to position myself so the moon and fireworks both would be in the frame, so I just left my gear in the bag and watched them from my office window. Sure were pretty.

The moon also tempted me. It was the wrong angle to shoot with the moon and fireworks from my house (the fireworks are a quarter mile away in plain view), and I didn't feel like toting my gear and driving to position myself so the moon and fireworks both would be in the frame, so I just left my gear in the bag and watched them from my office window. Sure were pretty.

We kept looking over our left shoulder for you on the roof with a huge lens pointed at Miner's. grin

I like being close enough to feel em. And if I can stand on those high banks and watch the reflection of them on the glass calm water (except during a trout's rise), all the better.

What'd ya think of those REALLY big uns? shocked

I liked the monsters that were solid yellow/gold and burst up and out and then fell like symmetrical fountain water, rotating slightly as the trails fell. Those were simply amazing. There were about half a dozen of them during the show, and whoever ran it must have realized what he/she had, because none of them were teamed up with other fireworks, and were allowed to stand alone and fade before the next shots.

Had I realized those were going to be there, I'dve had the camera ready on a tripod.

Oh well. smilesmile