• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Congrats to Tony

Admit that if it was reversed that Stewart would be furious and nascar nation would boo KB out of town. Wrecking someone at the front near the finish line on a superspeedway like that is a good way to get someone killed.

Wrecking someone at the front near the finish line on a superspeedway like that is a good way to get someone killed.

I think you meant to say: "Wrecking YOURSELF at the front near the finish line on a superspeedway like that is a good way to get YOURSELF killed."

The Rat brought that on himself and he does it every time they race at Daytona or Dega. Heck, he was blocking with 40 to go and what sense does that make? Let me answer that for you: NONE. He got what he rightfully deserved by swerving in front of Stewart the second time after failing on the first block. Tony did nothing but hold his line.

I didn't see exactly what happenned as I did not watch the race.

I will say this, when you race on the edge like Kyle and have a tendency to bang around on others, someone will pay you back.

That said, I don't by any stretch state that Smoke did this on purpose. Kyle has many people that owe him one and thats why he may never win a championship.

Most racers will race you as clean as you race them. Kyle does not at times race very clean. Earnhardt was somewhat the same but people feared Sr and they don't fear Kyle.

tony just held his line and kyle chose to go right and block and really just disinigrated his car he didnt even want to go to the infield care center but nascar made him ,good for nascar!

Yea smoke did nothing wrong. the rat was mirror driving, went down to block and Tony went up so then the rat tried to go back up and was too late. put his rear right side into smokes front and took himself out. and in typical cry baby spoiled brat fashion he storms off and wont talk to the reporters. Really shows a guys character when he will only talk when things are going his way. I dont even think its a matter of needing to grow up, I think its just who he is and yea I dont know how he will ever win a championship driving "wreckers or checkers" with the lack of respect he gives everyone else.

Admit that if it was reversed that Stewart would be furious and nascar nation would boo KB out of town. Wrecking someone at the front near the finish line on a superspeedway like that is a good way to get someone killed.

You know I hate Shrub as much as anyone, but had the situation been reversed I would say Tony tried to block and ended up wrecking himself and a bunch of other cars just like Shrub did. It was obvious what happened. Am I going to bash Kyle for trying to get up and make the block? Nope. Not heading to the finish line of a race. Am I going to fault Tony. Nope. He made the move to pass and held his line. Could he have moved up? Sure. On the last lap driving to the checkers...no way.

I'm just glad no one got hurt. Shrub took a hard turn into the wall and then got tattoo'd by a car right in the driver's side. I think these COT cars have taken a lot of good racing away, but I certainly can't say they aren't safer.

Did anyone else notice that the backstretch grandstand was empty?

Looks like it was just you and me. wink

Being a Stewart fan and a Pyle non-fan - I caught myself clapping and cheering like an insensitive jerk when the wreck happened. I figured Pyle would understand.

For the record, if the roles were reversed, I would've [PoorWordUsage] and moaned at Tony for making a dumb move when he might have been able to hold off the charge for that last little bit to the checker.

In my book, even a 2nd to the race dominator beats a 13th or whatever Pyle slid in at and a torn up car - or 15. smirk

well i think all the talk bout if it was the other way around

it would be a different story

it certainly would be the only difference between tony and kyle is a few yrs and now tony is an owner and has mellowed some but not to far back i remember tony punching reporters and staying things that gibbs had to apoligize to sponsers to keep them

so it might be a good thing that kyle dont talk after the race..could be gibbs told him to just keep his mouth shut if he cant say anything good

but i dont think tony needs to be put up on a pedastal just yet he's having a good year and things havnt gone bad for him in awhile and in racin they will wait till hes not runnin up front every race and reporters start gettin in his face

and see if hes smiling and nice as he is now when everything is going his way

time will tell

as far as sat night thats racin plain and simple when was

the last time there was a plate race finish either under the green or cars not wreckin

it certainly would be the only difference between tony and kyle is a few yrs and now tony is an owner and has mellowed some but not to far back i remember tony punching reporters and staying things that gibbs had to apoligize to sponsers to keep them

so it might be a good thing that kyle dont talk after the race..could be gibbs told him to just keep his mouth shut if he cant say anything good

but i dont think tony needs to be put up on a pedastal just yet he's having a good year and things havnt gone bad for him in awhile and in racin they will wait till hes not runnin up front every race and reporters start gettin in his face

time will tell

the last time there was a plate race finish either under the green or cars not wreckin

great post. maybe we need to start a Tony Stewart quotes thread.

Originally Posted By: gregg52

time will tell

great post. maybe we need to start a Tony Stewart quotes thread.

Thing about it is that Smoke would talk to the reporters if he was 1st or 43rd Kyle talks when the situastion best fits him.

You can bet NASCAR loves it it is all I have heard people talk about for the last two days.

Sifty

so tony said a bunch of [PoorWordUsage] and acted like a wild man

when it didnt go his..took gibbs couple yrs to get him undercontrol

i'm not sticking up for kyle i dont like it when he doesnt talk either but i think unless you are in his shoes that close to winning and then loose it and it wasnt the first time this yr that has happen

it has to cut deep

i really dont think we should critize one guy more than the other they all have different ways of showing emotion

and kyle probably is in the lime light more cuz he's winning and running more up front than most..like him or not he's certainly one of the best

Kyle is still a kid. At least he's learned to hide rather than say something stupid when he's still upset. I'm sure they've told him to hide. As he matures he'll do a better job with the media and be able to give the same B S "I had a good car today" response that they all do. He just needs to grow up a little. He'll also realize that the sooner he grows up the more fan support he'll get. At least if he's upset it shows that he cares. If nothing else you have to respect the desire to win that he has. Not that you have to respect everything else he does. All this being said the crash on the 4th was still all his fault.