Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Scott M

Involuntary 'asthma attack'

4 posts in this topic

My year old lab has in the last week, been having these 'asthma attacks', for lack of a better description. It sounds to me like she's trying to clear her upper respiratory passages and it almost sounds like one of her nostrils is clogged. She's healthy and active and being physically active with no problems, but every once in a while she just starts heaving in and out in what I believe is an attempt to clear herself out. I might be taking her to the vet to have it checked out if it doesn't pass soon... any ideas what this might be?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

my lab does the same thing every now and then. Seems like he has a rock caught in his throat, he will hack and then be fine. Asked the vet, he gets a benedryl each day to help him and it works however makes him somewhat sleepy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was thinking allergies. My chocolate lab does that every now and then but not that often. If you dog seams like it is having any trouble breathing i would get him in to the vet asap. But from the sounds of it she is just fighting with some allergies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0



  • Posts

    • Thanks for bringing that to my attention.  I am now going to add this quick connector to the coax side and plug that into the wall plate for quick on and off.
    • I have had the Ion for two season's.  It works as good if not better than any auger I have previously owned.  The battery did not show any signs of degradation in it's second season,  I will soon see what the battery does in season three.    I use it in a 9 hole wheel house, opening 7 of the holes everytime I have gone fishing.  Additionally, I go outside the house and always pop open a half dozen extra holes.  I have never had to worry about the charge when setting up for each trip. The battery (older version) does all of those holes including reversing the auger on each hole to remove as much slush as possible.  It usually runs longer in reverse than it does drilling the hole.    I often intentionally drill old holes when I am outside to see if I can experience any lose in power or battery life and haven't had any complaints yet.   20 plus inches of ice hasn't change any of these results.   Since the new battery also works in the older version of the auger I was thinking about buying the newer battery but after some thinking about it there isn't any reason to spend the $200 for a backup that I don't currently need (knock on wood).
    • I was gonna go catfishing but then I remembered I had all my teeth 
    • Why do you guys take pictures with the bait?
       

       
    • No beer in a boat has to be the 2nd stupidest law in the history of the world next to when Wisconsin had the no trolling law   I believe he was talking more about the coverage than the care.
    • The new X battery does work with the previous model for sure.  It gives you the same +60% efficiency with either unit.
    • If you plan on reopening any holes, go with the Ion.  The Lazer blades don't reopen holes  
    • I am planing on getting an electric auger and I was trying to decide between the new ION X or strikemaster lithium lazer.  I know no one has experience with the new Ion but wondering how the older models have been holding up (does the batteries still hold a good charge) and kinda the same think with the strikemaster.  I have seen the electra lazer and not to impressed with it that is why I am wondering if the lithium is any better.  Hope you guys can help    Thanks Bobby
    • If I am thinking of this right you will plug that directly into your camera and have a coax cable running to the wall plate then? If that is the case the only thing I can think of is it will be a pain to plug and unplug the wire when you want to use it. If you are keeping it hooked up all the time then I don't see a problem.
  • Our Sponsors