• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Steve McNair Killed

LMITOUT

Quote:
Former NFL quarterback Steve McNair reportedly was killed Saturday in a shooting in Nashville.

A medical examiner confirmed to local FOX affiliate WZTV that McNair was found dead after police responded to a shooting in the city.

The circumstances of the shooting weren't immediately clear as Nashville police continue to investigate.

McNair, 36, played 13 seasons, first with the Houston Oilers and then with the Tennessee Titans, which he led to the Super Bowl in 2000. He finished his career with the Baltimore Ravens before retiring in 2006.

He went to the Pro Bowl four times and was named co-MVP in 2003, along with fellow quarterback Peyton Manning.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like it was a murder/suicide. Police announced McNair was shot several times, and the gf was shot once, and a pistol was near her body. They have said they aren't looking for a suspect.

Sorry to tread on a man's grave but if the reports play out the way they are looking then he was no role model in my book. Just another P.O.S. scum bag who was cheating on his wife and probably was breaking it off with the girl friend who was half his age and she went nuts and offed them both. I would not choose this guy as a role model for any of my grand kids. Fortune, fame, beautiful wife and kids...not enough? Get real dude, you got what was coming to you. Play with fire and you get burned! But I am old school, not a lot of gray in my life, there is black and there is white, there is right and there is wrong.

Sorry to tread on a man's grave but if the reports play out the way they are looking then he was no role model in my book. Just another P.O.S. scum bag who was cheating on his wife and probably was breaking it off with the girl friend who was half his age and she went nuts and offed them both. I would not choose this guy as a role model for any of my grand kids. Fortune, fame, beautiful wife and kids...not enough? Get real dude, you got what was coming to you. Play with fire and you get burned! But I am old school, not a lot of gray in my life, there is black and there is white, there is right and there is wrong.

Doesn't the good book say something like: Judge not lest ye be judged?

I feel sorry for everyone involved. They each face a different kind of tragedy.

The good book also says an eye for an eye and something about coveting thy neighbors wife, this guy was a married man who was doing illegal things with a girl half his age in a condo that he rented and in a car that he bought her. She was arrested a few days earlier for DUI with him in the car! Not the family man that everybody thought he was.

I did qualify my response in the very beginning with the word "if". I said if the reports pan out the way they are looking....

I can go along with Wade on this but "if" the reports are true you can count me in the catagory of "dismissed" and not "missed".

And yes I have done things wrong but I am fully accountable for each and every one of them. Don't do the crime if you can't do the time said Baretta!

Windy

If it's true that he was having an affair, which it sure sounds like, then yes, no role model off the field. I still think it did it right on the field. Either way, he didn't deserve to be gunned down like that. I would say a higher power can judge him on that.

Its only an "affair" if your wife does not know about it. His "mistress" killed him. His wife was fully aware of her excistance. Some people are willing to put up with a lot of things and look away from others. He is not the first to have a mistress, and he will not be the last.

Some, not all, athletes keep them in the town they play in while keeping a wife and family at home. When said player retires, what happens to the "other" gal?

The good book also says an eye for an eye and something about coveting thy neighbors wife, this guy was a married man who was doing illegal things with a girl half his age in a condo that he rented and in a car that he bought her. She was arrested a few days earlier for DUI with him in the car! Not the family man that everybody thought he was.

Insert Michael Jordan and throw in the FACT that Michael Jordan was a "wife" BATTERER along with a womanizing cheater only confirms Windy's point that a lot of Athletes are POS... Michael just took it to whole nother level than most.

For the Record I don't beleive McNair was a POS but I do know MJ was/IS!

Carry On!