Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GoldeneyeHunter

Lowrance H2Oc Problem

3 posts in this topic

My H2Oc won't read speeds below 1.14 mph. I had a regular H2O and that one would read speeds all the way down to .4 mph. Does anyone else have this issue? Will the software update chip from lowrance fix this issue?

I don't use my H2O in the boat so I don't have any first-hand experience with what you're talking about. You can try the software update, it won't cause any problems with your H2Oc.

I've often heard that H2Os won't give reliable speed readings below 1 mph, due to the internal antenna, the number of channels, and/or the software. You can try playing around with the update or refresh rate and see if that helps it. If you still have your H2O then compare the refresh settings in it to what you have in your H2Oc, maybe that will get it working like you want.

The older black and white versions will read speeds below 1 mph in one tenth intervals. The color version will not.

I think it's a glitch, but was told by Lowrance that neither unit is accurate under 1mph and the shouldn't rely on the black and white version being more accurate.

If you can come up with a fix I'd be interested. I only found dead ends.