• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Tubing problem??

Dahitman44

I have a 18.5 trophy with a 175 suzuki --

When i pull people tubing and I turn sharp I often have trouble getting them outside of the wake.

What is wrong? Is it me? Motor trim? wave conditions? Weight of tubers?

thanks

Hit

Start your turn wider and then cut it sharp? That would at least get momentum going in that direction before the force from the boat slows.

I'm not much for water sports though so I may be completly wrong.

You need to start a wide turn in one direction, and as the tube starts to travel to the outside of the turn, quickly cut back the other way. Depending on the wake, speed, tube design, and weight of the rider(s) you may need to repeat this a couple times to break free of the wake. Once they're out of the wake, this same technique will give the "crack the whip" effect you are probably looking for as well.

Hope it helps!

I have the same problem with my 1850 Crestliner. My tow hooks are too low and the rope catches alot of water and it will not allow smaller, lighter people out of the wake. I have tried just about everything to correct this but nothing seems to work.

What length of tow rope are you using? I don't know what is recommended but we shortened ours up and that helped quite a bit with being able to toss the tubes around.

Same problem here with my 1800 fish. A ski pylon would fix it but they all say not to use those for tubes. If the rope wansnt dragging in the water I could really whip that tube around!