Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Catmendo

Warblers...

9 posts in this topic

A yellow wabler as he was taking flight.

IMG_6789b-1.png

...and my first ever Chestnut-sided warbler as it was prepairing to take dinner home for the kids!

IMG_6853chestnut-1.png

IMG_6853crop-1.jpg

That chestnut is absolutely beautiful! Look at the size of the eye compared to his body size. And you really got a sharp image of it--so alive.

Thanks Sarah! You're absolutely right about the size of the eye, actually the Chestnut's head looks somewhat disproportionate to the rest of its body, more so that other warbler species or so it seems

Here's a tigher crop...

IMG_6853supercrop-1.jpg

Of all the warbler species (and I think they're all incredible), this Common Yellow throat is one of my favorites. I'll never know what they were thinking when they through the word "common" into the mix! confused

IMG_0054kp-1.png

Love the worm as well as his pretty brown eye. What a perfect stance the yellowthroat has! These are my favorites, as well. Probably because they actually have the good sense to stay here instead of flying off to Canada like the rest. wink I just don't get a good clear shot at them though. I have a female in this position in osier dogwood from last year, but unfortunately a real hot spot on the breast. Your bokeh is really nice--once again!

Congrats on getting the chestnut sided warbler, the worm in the mouth is very nice. The common yellowthroat is a sweet image....sweet light, sweet pose, sweet perch(s), sweet!!!