Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
paul pachowicz

higher lion kills

3 posts in this topic

The SoDak GF&P has approved a higher lion kill for this years season. a total of 40 lions may be taken but, would end if 25 females are taken. Personally I think it is a good idea as I believe the numberws of cats is higher then estimated. I'm sure the "kitty cuddlers" will come out of the woodwork. The rule still applies to take one if it threatens life, limb or livestock. I'm glad our legislation doesn't run our Game, fish & Parks dept.

I also believe this is a good idea. I think the hills are over populated with cats as you hear of more and more sightings.

GF&P just dispatched 3 cats on Friday. One was in the Newcastle, Wyoming area that ventured alittle too close to a subdivision, another, near Spearfish, SD, was taken out after after two house cats were killed and stached by a cat and another west of Rapid City where a mini horse was found dead an covered up. The dogs tracked the cat down.