• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

front rollers hitting side keels on Lund

JScott

I'm wondering if I should move my front rollers on the boat trailer outboard a couple of inches since they hit one or the other "side keels" on the bottom of the boat. It seems like if I get it just right, they might actually help guide the thing on straight. Right now they are perfectly aligned with the rear rollers but do they have to be? I'm guessing this will change other things like contact with the winch yoke as well. Shorelander trailer with rubber rollers / Lund Explorer Sport.

I would lower and widen the front set a bit and maybe raise the rear set a bit and try to set them to match the off-sets on the rear hull. If you have a front cross beam check how much clearance you have first so the front keel has room to clear.

This will help capture the boat and eliminate any wobble in the shoot when loading. It will take less water to load and align better on the first shot into the shoot.

If need be move the wench post back a bit to realign it. This will also lighten the tow hitch tong weight and will also lessen chances of transducers or speed censors hitting any roller and being damaged. I set mine will less hitch weight as it pulls easier and is far easier to manipulate if need be.

Admittedly by not seeing how the are rigged now, that is just a guess on my part, but this system has worked well for me in the past.