• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

trolling motor issues

Eskimoman

my trolling motor is not working properly. It makes a funny drone noise and has very little power. Even on top speed the blade spins like its on 1. Its not a battery issue. What could be the problem?

i don't think this is a problem but you could try. take the prob off and see if you have a ton of fishing line or even weeds wrapped up in it. but otherwise I am guessing a motor issuse

How do you know it's not a battery problem? Except for the noise you described, it sounds to me like it's a bad battery --- the battery could be putting out 12 volts, but not have any reserve capacity behind it. A bad cell will do that. I'd suggest getting your batteries load tested just to be sure.