Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Eskimoman

trolling motor issues

6 posts in this topic

my trolling motor is not working properly. It makes a funny drone noise and has very little power. Even on top speed the blade spins like its on 1. Its not a battery issue. What could be the problem?

i don't think this is a problem but you could try. take the prob off and see if you have a ton of fishing line or even weeds wrapped up in it. but otherwise I am guessing a motor issuse

a bad connection, shot brushes, fired switch or rusted bushing could be alot of things.. line behing the prop?

How do you know it's not a battery problem? Except for the noise you described, it sounds to me like it's a bad battery --- the battery could be putting out 12 volts, but not have any reserve capacity behind it. A bad cell will do that. I'd suggest getting your batteries load tested just to be sure.

What brand and model motor do you have?

Could be one of a lot of things.

The noise though has me thinking you could have a prop shaft leak.

Its an old mercury trolling motor. I have checked and removed all line and weeds. I will try perch jerkers advice