• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Jeremy Mayfield

Since no one here knows who i am, I will say you could put my

son in a lineup with 10 guys and you couldnt pick him out for

being a meth/cocaine addict... 24 years old...

da@nm that felt good to vent!

randy

ps: He failed 3 drug tests and he spent some time in jail, He

is still taking random tests and so far hasnt failed...

Kids can be a real pain.....

I watched an interview with Jeremy today and he swears he has never taken any drugs.

The thing I cannot figure out is how his 2 drugs test he took for NASCAR failed.

I do not see that they would fix them as they would have way too much to lose in a lawsuit if they were caught doing that.

This is a puzzling one.

I heard a report last night that Mayfield is now claiming that he is taking meds for ADD/ADHD. They also stated that it is a known side effect of this drug is a positive test for Meth. Agin tho if he has been taking this drug for a long time, why would he have not showed a positive test before this. I don't think we will ever know the exact truth about what or if he was taking anything.

3 drug test failed now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

I watched an interview with Jeremy today and he swears he has never taken any drugs.

The thing I cannot figure out is how his 2 drugs test he took for NASCAR failed.

I do not see that they would fix them as they would have way too much to lose in a lawsuit if they were caught doing that.

This is a puzzling one.

Hate to keep this going, but has anyone thought of this, if all the claims made about the heavy useage for this many years that Jeremy has been accused of.

Doesn't this raise a red flag about just how good the drug testing has been in NASCAR?

You mean to tell me they have not tested him in 6 years, if that is the case, why now?

If they tested him the last 6 years then someone else is lying, either NASCAR of Jeremy's mother-in-law.

Just hoping for the best in Jeremy.

Been cheering for him for a long time.

Hate to keep this going, but has anyone thought of this, if all the claims made about the heavy useage for this many years that Jeremy has been accused of.

Doesn't this raise a red flag about just how good the drug testing has been in NASCAR?

You mean to tell me they have not tested him in 6 years, if that is the case, why now?

If they tested him the last 6 years then someone else is lying, either NASCAR of Jeremy's mother-in-law.

Just hoping for the best in Jeremy.

Been cheering for him for a long time. ]

That is a good point. This may be egg in the Facxe of NASCAR.

They have a driver that has been accussed of using Meth for seven years and it was never caught in a drug test?????

Sifty

His arguement is that he took two Claritin D allergy pills, and takes a prescription for ADD. Okayyy. Taking two Claritin D pills, whether 12 hour or 24 hour is not the prescribed dosage. I used to take the same thing for my allergies, and you wouldn't want me to be controlling any type of machinery at 15 or 150 mph if I took a double dosage. That right there has made me believe that he was using the Claritin as an excuse for the positive test.

Aren't the tests sensitive enough that they could dectect the other compounds in the allergy and ADD meds to confirm a "false positive"?

Here is the article I read:

By Peter St. Onge / McClatchy Newspapers

Saturday, July 25, 2009 - Added 17h ago

NASCAR driver Jeremy Mayfield again is suspended from competition after the 4th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals on Friday put on hold an injunction that had allowed him to race again.

The Circuit Court ruling essentially renders ineffective a July 1 injunction issued by U.S. District Court Judge Graham Mullen that allowed Mayfield to return to competition. The Circuit Court’s ruling stands until NASCAR’s and Mayfield’s attorneys make their full case before the court.

Mayfield was suspended May 9 by NASCAR after it said he failed a random drug test. NASCAR later said he tested positive for methamphetamines. Mayfield has denied using the drug and blamed his positive test on the combination of allergy medication Claritin-D and Adderall, which is taken for Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder. Mayfield also has accused NASCAR of spiking his tests.

Mullen, in his July 1 injunction, questioned the integrity of Mayfield’s positive test, saying the lab NASCAR used — Aegis of Nashville, Tenn._failed to follow "required testing protocols."

After the injunction, NASCAR tested Mayfield again at his home. The driver tested positive for meth a second time, NASCAR said. Mayfield said an independent lab he contracted showed a negative result with a same-day sample.

"We are pleased with the 4th Circuit Court’s ruling to reinstate NASCAR’s suspension of Jeremy Mayfield," NASCAR spokesman Ramsey Poston said in a statement. "This is an important decision for NASCAR to make fair and equitable regulations for the safety of competitors and spectators at the track. We will continue to respectfully make our case for as long as the litigation continues."

"We respect the order," said Mayfield attorney John Buric of Friday’s ruling. "It doesn’t affect him right now because he wasn’t racing, anyway. This doesn’t affect if we keep going forward"

The biggest issue I have with this hole thing is he can not seem to keep his story strait. First it's claritin D. Then NASCAR is out to get him. Then it was ADD/ADHD medication. Now he is back on the Claritin D only double the dosage. Which it is?

I have known a few addicts, they all have a laundry list of excuses on why they pop positive or whay they dont have a problem.

The more he opens his mouth, the more guilty he looks. Just stop digging dude....

The guy is looking more and more like a dork every day. I wonder if the amount he is suing his step mom for is equivilent to the amount he is being sued for by engine manufacturers?

SALISBURY, N.C. -- Jeremy Mayfield has filed a wrongful death suit against his stepmother over the death of his father.

The suit against Lisa Mayfield was filed on Friday at 4 p.m. in North Carolina Superior Court in Catawba, N.C. Lisa Mayfield is a witness for NASCAR's case against the suspended Sprint Cup driver.

Terry Allen Mayfield died on Sept. 5, 2007 from a gunshot wound to the chest. Police investigators and medical examiners ruled the cause of death was suicide.

Mayfield is the first driver suspended under NASCAR's toughened drug policy. He denies ever using the drug.

The suit does not specifically outline Lisa Mayfield's involvement in her husband's death, saying only that "as a direct and proximate result of the defendant's intentional acts ... Terry Allen Mayfield was killed by a gunshot wound."

The suit also says Lisa Mayfield is a "slayer of her spouse."

Mayfield is seeking more than $10,000 in damages. He has argued that Lisa Mayfield's testimony should not be taken seriously in his fight against the May 9 indefinite suspension for violating the sport's substance-abuse policy.

Lisa Mayfield filed a suit against her stepson for defamation of character shortly after Jeremy Mayfield accused her of killing his father. She was arrested on Aug. 16 and charged with four misdemeanor counts of simple assault and one misdemeanor count of second-degree trespassing for an incident at Mayfield's North Carolina farm. Mayfield and his wife, Shana, said an intoxicated Lisa Mayfield showed up at their home while the couple was away.

Shana Mayfield said a caretaker and his wife approached Lisa Mayfield, who allegedly began hitting the caretaker and then pushed their pregnant daughter.

Shana Mayfield has since been granted a restraining order against Lisa Mayfield.

Damages are not specified in the three-page wrongful death complaint.

David Newton covers NASCAR for ESPN.com. He can be reached at [email protected]. Information from The Associated Press is also included in this report.