Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CuppedAndComitted

Lower Unit Trouble....

3 posts in this topic

Long story short I smacked up my lower unit on my 99' Evinrude 70 hp 4 stroke EFI and need a new one. Thankfully I have insurance and they are paying all minues the $250 deductible. Bad News is, the shop called and said all the lower units are out of stock until the 21st so realisticly it won't get done probably until the end of July and I got a few trips planned that I was going to take the boat.

My question is do any of you know of any shops that may have this lower unit in stock?

Thanks for any help!

umm tim's outboard in hackensack minnesota. or the shop in Shakopee.

It's worth a call to both places, (the other one being Outboard Recyclers or Twin Cities Outboard), but they only carry used parts, and on a motor this new (relatively speaking) it may be difficult to find a used one.

Also, very few dealers, if any, are going to have a brand new lower unit in the parts department waiting for someone to buy it... it's a pretty expensive for them to stock.

marine_man