• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

PLANNER BOARDS

Hey guys, Just looking to see if any of you guys have ever used planner boards for muskies. I was watching T.V. last night and I saw some guys do very well late in the fall fishing suspened fish. If you use them what kind of line do you put out ? what type of lures would you use and How fast would you actually troll. I no that on the tv show the were useing bull dawgs, and doulble cow grils no no idea how fast.

Thanks

as fast as you can go and not pull the lure free. or slow if you prefer. faster has a better hook-up.

turn the boat in an ''S'' pattern and that will vary the speed of your lure all by itself, faster in (away), slower out (toward).

I use Church Tackle boards for muskie trolling. I learned about trolling with boards after fishing with Gregg Thomas. Gregg showed me that you need to use 50lb mono with the board. The boards will slide down on braided line. On thing with mono is the stretch, so if I get hit, just give the motor a little gas to set the hook. I usually troll somewhere between 2-5 mph depending on the situation. Spinners, DCGs, cranks are my favorites. However, trolling is a distant second to casting in my book.