Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mrpike1973

help how do i troll spoons

5 posts in this topic

help i bought a bunch of the cheap dardevle type spoons about 3 inches long when i try to troll them they just skip on the top i thought i was going to fast so i just drifted same thing i dont get it how can a metal spoon float? i have a 9.9 moter small 14 foot boat if that helps i would like to troll for mr pike i thought this was a cheap way to go about it maybe im wrong thank you

Put an inline sinker ahead of it, or even a split shot or two, about a foot or two or three ahead of it. With spoons you might want to consider using two swivels, or a snap-swivel and also a leader with a swivel. They can twist pretty good if speed gets them spinning all the way around.

Good luck! My fav spoon is a MN Vikings one my Grandson gave me, always is good for some pike smile

Spoons you must go very slow, use your trolling motor if you have one...or do like BoxMN said.

You may have salmon spoons. They are a lot lighter and you have to have a way to get them down other than their own weight. They are not meant for Northern Pike type of speeds.

You want to go and find some original Daredevils. You can feel the weight. Probably about 5/8 to 3/4 oz. in a 3" spoon.

you just might have salmon spoons, my dad and i trolled spoons for pike all the time it works great troll slow let the spoon do that work

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Seen on the channel 5 news the other night, plans to remove a dam in River Falls. They didn't specify which dam, or if it would be both dams. The movement is gaining popularity, especially with residents. And more input meetings will be planned. However, if the project is ok'd, it doesn't sound like it will be in the near future. I'm all for the dam removal! Both of them!
    • Hey Dave, I am sorry to hear that. If you need anything you have my number.  Send me a PM or text and let me know whats going on. Recurring infection? Low blood supply?     
    • Yes. But he has a great plan to utilize the excess rail capacity in the country by relocating those who disagree with him. It's gonna be a real gas. 
    • 100% A-OK is how that's working out, but I'm not surprised by the continued confusion. Even beside Texas vs Johnson, the idea of stripping citizenship from people hasn't stood up in court.
    • You must have been on some sh*tty ice for it to do that... Love my heavy spud bar, if it doesn't go through in a couple wacks I feel pretty darn confident in stepping...Spud bar,picks,pfd,rope, common sense all ya need
    • Protecting the rights of the id-oits, for the purpose of teaching others how not to be an id-iot is paramount. It goes both ways.........
    • What? You don't like the 1st amendment?
    • there is a seat belt law, why not have a ice picks law? if you are caught out ice fishing before the 1st of the year without picks, you get a "stupid" ticket.
    • So burning a Quran, or pouring bacon grease on it must be protected as well?  And flying the Stars and Bars?  How is that working out? 
  • Our Sponsors