• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Preserved Baits

Foreverfish1

Yes when you cut sucker and freeze it, it acts as any meat would...the next time you go to use it, its just as fresh as when you cut it. Bobbymalone is right though, Even if you let it thaw once then re-freeze it, its not as fresh. I have yet to find a better bait than cut sucker for channels(frogs rank right up there too). Good luck foreverfish1.

Forever-

Try freezing your suckers whole when they are still alive. This does a couple different things. For one thing the long cold sleep is a pretty peaceful way to dispatch them. sleep Two- Frozen suckers are a lot easier to cut. And three- By freezing them alive the flesh will still bleed out after it's cut and begins to thaw. As far as the re-freeze, I usually can stand to re-freeze one time. After that, my bait gets that "not so fresh feeling." wink I freeze mine in two packs, that way if it's a slow night or I get rained out I only have 2 suckers thawed. Hope this helps you out and good luck stickin' em!!