• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

My wife & I are looking to get some comfort bikes. We have mountain bikes now and want something a little more comfortable & easy riding. We typically ride around town and take them with when we go camping. Any recomendations on bike brands? We'd like to stay under $400. Also any southwest metro bike dealers that have treated you well?

The Giant Cypress is a real nice comfort bike. My wife and I have put close to 300 miles on a pair of them this year. We purchased them from Pioneer cycle in Blaine they take trade ins which should keep you under that 400 mark. Giant seems to offer more bang for the buck than some of the bigger brands, really nice shifters, seats and comfortable upright seating position. The biggest selling point for us was the fact my folks have over 8000 miles (they've had them for over 10 yrs) on there's with nothing but normal maintenance.

I and my wife purchased new bikes last year and are very happy with them. I ride a Specialized Crossroads bike that is considered a hybrid. My wife has a Specialized Carmello which is a hybrid as well. The first day we owned them we took them out for about a 25 mile ride and felt great afterwards.

I and my wife purchased new bikes last year and are very happy with them. I ride a Specialized Crossroads bike that is considered a hybrid. My wife has a Specialized Carmello which is a hybrid as well. The first day we owned them we took them out for about a 25 mile ride and felt great afterwards.
Thats awesome....

Maybe a cruiser would be worth looking into

I just busted out of a 20 year biking hiatus and started riding again with the wife and kids. I went with a cruiser for the comfort factor after trying out some mountain bikes. I bought the K2 Shorewood Alloy Cruiser normally $379.00 I got it for 179.00! Here is what sold it for me.

The K2 Shorewood Beach Cruiser is designed for those low stress trips down boardwalk or the local bike trails. This bike is designed for the recreational rider who cares more about how their seat and back feel when the get off the bike than how their seat looks in spandex. The 26" x 2.125" smooth tread design tires provide a smooth, quite and secure ride. And any bump that gets past the tires is easy minimized by the suspension fork, suspension seat post and the wide padded spring seat. The frame design and swept handlebars are designed to keep you in an upright riding position. A position that keeps you head up so you can see without straining you neck. Ok, so it may not be the fastest bike out there, but is sure looks cool and when the ride is over you won't need to go straight to the chiropractor.

Found it online from a company up north called Crosslake sales