• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ideas for the 2 Get To Gators!!

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its on Big Mcarthy not sur if thats how you spell it or not I was told it has pan fish and eyes and lots of pike but the locals dont fish it be cause there is a short window for the pannies and eyes. just what I was told the property is on the south east side

My dad use to fish it several years ago and did very well on crappies in the winter, but it got fished out about 10 years ago. Come to think of it, I should probably try it again one of these days since it's had plenty of time to rebound

hey fish, we have seen turkeys up by us, in the squaw lake area. they have more issues with vehicles than the weather. as far as that lake your talkin about, in my biased opinion just cuase you fish them deeper in summer doesnt mean they wont be in 6-10ft in hardwater. they cruise the weeds for lunch. and i definitly hear ya about both not gettin up there enough and the family thing. my kids are all grown can go as i please. my wife likes to go to but needs to for more than a weekend, says to far to drive for a day and a half. i disagree so she lets me go whenever i get the urge.

My wife's real understanding and let's me go as much as possible. Actually, this weekend she did some bass fishing with me and I was so busy unhooking her fish that I hardly got any time in fishing!

I've tried the lake shallow and the fish just aren't there. I know most lakes do have pike in shallower water all winter, just not this one. I actually came on the deep pike by accident. I got a bunch of pike in open water in the early spring so tried in the typical spots and got nothing, tried out deeper for some pannies and kept getting bit off so I set up some tipups

im game for anything. Just have to make sure its on in Jan, being the boat shows will be right around the corner. I will be up in the cass lake area Dec 26th -31st like i am every year.

Up to you guys as to what you want to do, im open

i wish it was on vac. Been flippen out of control selling boats at CPM with all the huge sales.

I was talking to a guy about the outting this year, and he was so excited it signed up for FM just to come to the outting.

Anyways, im around, just not as much with the boating season in full swing. Before we know it, ill be on here 14 hrs a day!