• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ideas for the 2 Get To Gators!!

I know its way early, but alot of people get out on the lakes over the summer, and find alot of awesome spots or different lakes that we might be able to get out on this up coming winter.

So with that in mind, lets start to get some ideas and get the ball rolling early!

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

seriosly though, earlier it was mentioned to maybe do a 2 day deal. with that in mind my ideas would be for a 2 day deal is winnie, keep in mind highbanks only opens up new years, unless theyve changed. leech or the branerd area. one day shots could be maple agian or koronis, rice lake near paynseville. these just for starters.

koronis has some monsters in it doesnt it? But is it clear?
yes, but rice has numbers with a few biggins. koronis for the times i have been on it is real clear. rice is to for the most part.

Originally Posted By: Bass N Spear
its not a good lake to spear, and with the slots on pike, thats a no go!
which ones a no go?

Both twin and Sylvia-- they have a pike slot on there

i didnt think koronis is clear....interesting.

Sakatah -waterville area, nice fat northerns, clear water max depth 12' always cruisin the banks in about 6fow, all but one time outta 13 times out there have I not seen a northern to take or what most times I saw an ave. of 3. Average size is 4 to 5lbs. I know I talked to elwood bout that lake at this last gtg. But yeah BNS its way to early smile lol.

The time is dragging and this cold weather makes me want winter even more makes me think of fall and its only july ugghh...

Pelican is right by Albertville, pretty shallow lake, its the one that the DNR is gonna lower the water level for waterfowl. Gets tons of pressure, last year was crazy from day one of ice to the end of the year hundreds of houses out there and im not joking about hundreds either. Some big pike caught out there and big pannies as well. Not sure on water clarity. thats why i was kinda joking cause no matter what you will probably have lots of randoms come up and see whats going on when a bunch of spear houses and a grill go up in a general area.

pelican is an awsome lake for spearing with a chance a real trophy pike plus thousands of eater size pike was out there last a couple of times and saw many pike. it is not a crystal clear lake but it is not hard to see the bottom in 7-8 fow.I know of a few guys that did very,very well spearing last year and one of the times I was out there pannie fishing I counted 70 plus spear shacks alone. the only thing would be the access if it is to early in the season could be iffy for getting out but atvs or sno machines would work very well just depends on the time of year.

I'll bring the brownnies again with no nuts

I'd second winnie. First ice, third river, it's not uncommon to see 50 pike in a day as long as you get away from the crowds. Not much for really big ones, but alot of 5-10lbers. There's always a few jumbos swimming around under the holes at first ice in there, too.

It's not that bad of a drive, maybe 2 1/2 hours. If anyone is interested in staying a few days, my folks have a cabin by Sand Lake which is about 10 miles from Winnie. It has comfortable sleeping for 6 (2 sets of bunks, 1 futon, 1 short couch) but we can fit a mess of people in there if ya'll don't mind sleeping on the floor. No electricity or plumbing, but we have gas lighting and stoves and a wood stove that works real good. However, if we have a bunch of snow it's not a real easy place to get into, you'd need a 4x4.