Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lisa Almquist

It's almost the 4th.....

61 posts in this topic

What's everyone up to this weekend? It's supposed to be nice in my area! Jim's heading up to the cabin and I'm working.

we will be just hanging out with the new born,and on sunday try to bring the girls out to lake if its nice

fishin, havin a few refreshments at the camper. fish fry and hog roast sat. sounds like most the kids will join us. should be fun. dang lisa jims a slave driver, makin ya work all yhe time! eekgrinwinkwhistle

Gonna try to get my father-in-law hooked up with a bi Musky on Forest Lake Friday. They live on Bald Eagle so I guess it makes a lot of sense to take him somewhere else to fish!! confused I'm also planning on spending the rest of the time playing outside with the kids and taking them swimming somewhere.

Have a safe weekend everyone!

-erik

letz hope it warms up enough for the kids to swim!!!!!! confusedeek

I am hanging around here this weekend, probably go fishing on some of the local lakes. My buddy Ken took me through the woods again to a backwater lake, trudged through muck to get his little 12 foot boat in the lake and fished for sunnies. It is always quite an adventure when I go with him, but they sure tasted good for dinner. I have to invest in some waders if I want to keep fishing with him! I will admit it is kinda neat fishing on a lake with absolutely no one else around.

LGFWS was going to do the parade in Nashwauk, but decided against it. I will probably be at the one in Deer River next weekend at the Wild Rice Days.

Blowing up some fireworks on Saturday. laughlaugh And have a BBQ at my brothers. It'll be the 7th annual 4th of July Extravaganza at the farm. Not much else planned.....

I will be heading to the cabin Friday morning. Will be going to an annual party that afternoon and fishing the rest of the weekend, I hope.

fish-n-fool! I'm so glad you made it back up to chat with us girls for a little bit! wink I know glenn has his own forum down there and is a celebrity and all! winkwink I'm teasing you though!(I can have FUN too even though I work TOO MUCH, right?!)

You all have such great weekends planned!! Have fun!! Hopefully I'll get in the boat next weekend and have some catching to report!

Hiya everyone!

Will be spending tmw and friday doing my garage sale...got to get rid of these odds n ends and clear up some space in house/basement/garage! Will watch parade, shoot off some fireworks, pig out, and enjoy the nice weather....family quality time!

One person trash is another persons treasure...good luck on your garage sale. grin

When you going to visit us in the outdoors thread?? laughwinkwink

fish-n-fool! I'm so glad you made it back up to chat with us girls for a little bit! wink I know glenn has his own forum down there and is a celebrity and all! winkwink I'm teasing you though!(I can have FUN too even though I work TOO MUCH, right?!)

You all have such great weekends planned!! Have fun!! Hopefully I'll get in the boat next weekend and have some catching to report!

LISA, celebrities dont get abused. like i do down there. SO.... you do go check it out dont you???? smirksmirkcrazylaugh have a good weekend if we dont hear from ya today.

I'll be busy blowing up morters & 500g cakes on Saturday.

Our family is a bunch of pyros when it comes to fireworks on the 4th....Our display lasts longer than the one they have in East Grand Forks.. (we can see theirs from the farm)

I spent yesterday pulling weeds in the garden and staining our deck. Just might go fishing today.

Am out on Leech Lake right now with a thousand other boats watching the fireworks. It's awesome!!

I went fishing at lake X last night and got skunked, well not skunked if you count the two little hammer handles I caught. My dear friend told me the locals have been hitting it pretty hard. His son and about 30 other people were there camping and his 2 grandsons were out fishing by me. I gave them some leeches and trolled down the shoreline, pretty soon they came racing over to me to show me the 20" walleye they caught on the leeches I gave them. At least they caught a fish, when I was loading up their dad told me they had been out there fishing all day and hadn't caught anything. I guess I helped "make their day"

DH and I were in LOW on the 4th and got our limit of eyes in about 2 hrs. Had to toss back a 22" though.

Did not get much fishing in this weekend, too many people on the dock, swimming or using the boat for water fun. We did get into a bunch of nice sunnies for a little while on Sunday. The sunnies will be the first fresh water fish that my sister in laws mother will ever taste. She is from the Philippines and has been wanting to try the local fish.

Hope

Tried for a couple hours yesterday myself... but yeah.. Lots of boats flying around pulling tubes, kids swimming... Too much traffic to do much of anything but try keeping the boat upright from the waves of the recreational boaters. eekeek

Oh well.. still have some leeches left for next weekend, even after I gave some away. Sounds like I fish like ULT, don't it?? laughlaugh Hope someone else had a little better luck.

Tried for a couple hours yesterday myself... but yeah.. Lots of boats flying around pulling tubes, kids swimming... Too much traffic to do much of anything but try keeping the boat upright from the waves of the recreational boaters. eekeek

Oh well.. still have some leeches left for next weekend, even after I gave some away. Sounds like I fish like ULT, don't it?? laughlaugh Hope someone else had a little better luck.

please note.......had fish fry. laughlaughcrazy but yea the lake was nuts with nonfishing baffons.

They do come out in droves don't they? Should have seen the river yesterday, what a mess.