• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2008 chevy 1/2 ton silverado

Ive got 124,000 on my truck and the left turn signal starts out blinking normal for about 3 clicks then hits light speed. Both front and back bulbs still work and i cant figure out how to get at the front bulbs, any guess on whats goin on?

on the chevy there is either one or two small screws on the bottom. if you have it loose, it has to wiggle to come out. i have had to pull the main light assy out also to access the blinker. you might be able to reach down under the main light assy and access the bulb. if not check the owners manual on access. it could also be in the flasher unit. it looks like a fuse nowdays so check your manual if you have one

I know and the newer fords are a bear too. they have a screw that is in the one corner that if you do not have a long enough driver you will never get it out. good luck, worse case hit the auto parts house and ask them.

i will drive it till it gets close to 200,000 on it, about this time next year. I normally have pretty good luck with them but this one is pushing its luck, I had to have the rear end replaced around 110,000. Now this annoying problem that im going to dive into today.

I give up, something as simple as a turn signal issue. Its either a bulb, fuse , or relay, and after almost tearing out the whole light assembly and breaking a few plastic posts in the process. I think i will drive it off a cliff to fix the problem , that way i wont feel so foolish when i bring it in to get it fixed and say oh by the way the turn signal doesnt work right.

I haven't changes a bulb yet in one that new but it can't be that difficult. If its blinking faster one direction than the other than there is a bulb out on the side that is blinking faster. Compare both sides carefully to see which bulb is not working (just in case the bulb isn't in the lens assembly your trying to remove).

make sure you have the right bulb, you can get one that is a 3157 or 4157 that is used in the newer trucks. it iwll cause it to blink faster if you have the wrong one. The newer one uses both filiment when you step on the brakes