• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

One point away from our conformation title!!

theghost_03

My male lab "Koda", just got back from a weekend of 6 shows. He absolutely cleaned house. He ended up taking all six shows and one major. We are one point away from being titled and this was only his second weekend of showing. All six judges were amazed with Koda's conformation. He just turned two and needless to say I feel like the proudest parent in the world!! We are about one month away from starting our JH and my expectations only raise everyday with him!!

I can't wait to get him started with breeding. The dog is a very calm, tractible, and yet hard charging in the field. Plain and simple he is everything and more than I could ask for, this is all just icing on the cake!!

Just had to share our success over the weekend!!

001.jpg

Great looking Dog! Charlie sure has his act together as a breeder, doesn't he. Our Goldberry Lab, Tucker, is 3 now and he is a pheasant hunting machine! He looks alot like Kota's picture in your avatar. Continued good luck to both of you.

Great job ghost!

Now chase those field titles! You make him a SH or MH and you WILL have one of the premiere studs in the midwest! This is exactly what I have been promoting... looks, structure, coat, intelligence, tractibility and field ability... A LAB! What made them popular in the 1st place...

Go gettum!

Good Luck!

Ken

Thanks Ken! I really respect and appreciate your compliment! Koda I believe is the type of "lab" your describing. I don't know how I became so fortunate to come across a dog like him. He has every attribute I could look for in a lab. I will keep you guys up to date on our progress, he has the makings of being a huge asset to the lab breed!!

Wolfman, who was the sire of your dog?

Wolf- I am actually going to be breeding a female of mine to Nash, he is a gorgeous dog, great disposition. I have not seen Daisy personally but I have heard alot about her.

Bottom- definetly get in touch with me, I am planning on starting him shortly. I can shoot you a email to hang onto if you want.

Ghost, you can email me at [email protected]

I have a ways to go yet, like I said she is only 7 mo

We will be starting JH the end of july or beginning of august depending if we are ready or not. My wife might get her into confirmation as well down the road. Breeding her also depends if all tests come back good which I pray will. This will be my first time breeding a dog so I have lots to learn.

Sounds good, and if you can put me on a couple deer like you have in the picture we can definetly work something out!! wink Once you get into the hunt tests and conf shows you won't even believe how addicting it is! Keep in touch and let me know how your girl is doing, Ill do the same.

I got one of goldberry's labs several years ago. I dont do the dog show thing, and his field trials are done with me and friends on the weekends chasing pheasants around. He is every thing i could want in a hunting dog. His picture used to be on goldberrys web site with a bunch of ducks we got when he was a year old.

Goldberry's does put out good dogs. Kev has a very impressive dog. You don't have to do the hunt tests or shows to have a great dog, that's not what I meant in this conversation, if people do them, it is to only help improve the lab breed and bring back the standards that made them so popular in the first place.