Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bullwinkle

Nice Tournament Bag

24 posts in this topic

I just wanted to congratulate Tim D (owner of Victory Baits) and his son on his huge bag at our recent tournament on Coon Lake. Tim and his son brought in a five bass limit weighing 21.74 lbs. Fishing was tough for most of us as we battled 20 mph winds but Tim and his son managed to find five toads. Keep up the good work guys.

I know bigger 5-fish bags have been recorded in other tournaments, but that was the biggest bag I've been around in all the tournaments I have fished. That is a load. Good job, Tim and son!

That was an awesome bag! By far the nicest ones i have ever witnessed with my own eyes. And congrats to you Ray for notching second! You bugger you, you got us by a couple of ounces! lol

And a congrats goes to you for a 3rd ERR... I managed 5th place... That wind killed my first 2 spots and I had to hope on my 3rd spot. which really only had 4 fish.. even if my last fish would have went 10lbs.. I would not have caught Tim.. how sad is that for me.. but how cool for Tim.. What a bag of fish! And in the toughest conditions I have fished since this spring!.

Thanks a lot guys!! Dylan and I did have an awesome day out there.

Thanks, ERR - good job on 3rd. That was the most satisfying 2nd place I have ever had. Only having one fish and a dead trolling motor at 9:15 and pathcing together a decent limit was pleasing.

Cecil, it is a league that Mike (Bullwinkle) organizes. Well run and very fun.

Tim & Sons performance out on Coon was inspirational. Its the stuff like this that keeps me going! Congrats and thanks!

Is the info on classic bass? Or where can we get more info?

I know there were some pictures taken at the weigh in. Maybe Mike can get those and post them. I cannot wait to see them, too.

What I think makes me the happiest is that Dylan was soooo happy that he that he got a fish that we could use in our bag.

He had caught a 17 1/2"er early in the day and was super excited, until it was time to cull it out. There were a couple tears shed, but I explained to him that it was a nice fish but we were not going to keep if if we could upgrade our weight with another 4 lber. Then shortly after, he got a 4 lber that we brought in. He was really pumped that I wasn't going to have to say that "he caught them all in the net" again. Of course now he thinks he need half of the winnings.

Tim,

You mean Dylan didn't get half? I have my daughter going with tonight to Green. She has stated that she gets half if we win anything. I think you owe your boy some coin.

Cecil, send me an email at bornofice at yahoo dot com and I will foward you Mike's contact information. The weekend events are full for the year, but the remaining weeknights have openings according to Mike.

Pretty impressive, anybody care to share some pointers for Coon bass fishing? With all of that Milfoil and weeds out on the lake, I would assume it would be a topwater lake?

Ray

I told him once he pitches in his half of the entry fee and expenses, then I will give him half. I wasn't a total scrooge, I did give him a little of the winnings.

MidCoast

Some of the others might have had some luck in the weeds, but not us. I found fish a week earlier stuck to the weed edge. But on tourney day, that weed line only gave up our first fish (on my 3rd cast). Then we went two hours without a bite. Having confidence in our area, we decided to work out off the weed line and right away caught three 4 lbers in 14-18 feet of water. Obviously then, we continued with that plan the rest of the time. We would only get two fish an hour, but they were quality fish. We caught 15 keepers total and 12 of these were over 3 lbs. The bite was super light and we had to fish painfully slow.

Hey Dave

Long time no see. None on a spinnerbait for us, all of those fish were caught on a drop-shot.

Hey Deitz

Thanks for putting up the pics!

Dude, in person it looked like he was pulling a never ending bag of 5 lbers.

not the best pict.. really does not show how big these fish were.

What's with the yellow rubber gloves? Was your partner gonna wash dishes afterwards?

My partner is actually the 9 yr old next to me holding our big fish.

Yellow glove man looks like he was ready to do the dishes but he was running the weigh in.