• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Thank You Mr Foss..

for directing me to the northern reaches of the Chippewa National Forest, specifically the Ladyslipper Scenic Highway.

I found them!!! Not only on that highway, but in the ditches on 371 heading up there and on Mn 64 on the way home!!! I've never even seen Showy Ladyslippers before, let alone had the opportunity to photograph them. I was pretty excited!!

The sky was gray and the wind was blowing and I forgot my tripod at home!! mad So these are all hand held with a 30D - a variety of settings and very little post processing.

IMG_2972.jpg

IMG_2979.jpg

IMG_3057_2.jpg

IMG_3069_2.jpg

IMG_3087.jpg

Thank you Leechbait, Steve and Mike - those last 2 are probably my favorites as well. The forestry staff in Walker gave me a few other places to look that are closer to our cabin, so I hope to get out again in the next couple of days, just wish the sun would come out & the wind would slow down a bit!

Deitz & Jonny - Thanks for the kind words. I'll have to email Laura with the link I guess - she usually gets to see my images whether she wants to or not smile

Jonny - we were out Monday - the wind & rain didn't seem to bother the mosquitos and tics crazy