• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Grilled Dessert?

With all the BBQ'ing that will be taking place over the summer I was wondering what you guys/gals do for BBQ Dessert?

I'm getting together with some friends this evening to grill and I'm going to be responsible for dessert. I was thinking of Grilled Angel Food Cake with Balsamic Strawberries...

Grilled Angel Food Cake with Balsamic Strawberries

1 prepared angel food cake, large sliced

1 pint fresh strawberries, sliced

1 Tbl. balsamic vinegar

2 Tbl. sugar

2 Tbl. vegetable oil

Lightly toss the strawberries, balsamic vinegar and sugar in a small mixing bowl. Set aside to allow the flavors to blend.

Preheat the grill with a medium high flame. Lightly brush the grates with vegetable oil to prevent the angel food cake from sticking. Grill each side of the cake slices for 20 - 25 seconds, or until grill marks appear. Pour the strawberry mixture over the warm angel food cake slices. Sauce serves 6 - 8 people.

Anyone care to share their own grilled dessert recipes?

Peaches hold up well on the grill, halve and pit some peaches brush w/canola oil and grill until carmelized. Spoon over some kind of berry sauce, I like rasberry sauce the best. I like to use the canned ones, you could use fresh too. I put them in a food processer or a blender squeeze some lemon juice and strain out the seeds. Spoon over the freshly grilled peaches and enjoy.

Yum! Good tip leechbait. I'm gonna give that a try. My angelfood cake & balsamic strawberries went over very well! A great dessert for those calorie counters or health conscious folk. Happy 4th folks and stay safe!