• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Long Overdue PE - Amity Creek Trail and 7 Bridges Road

It's been a while since I’ve been able to take the time for a PE so here is one from a recent walk around the house. If you are familiar with the Duluth, MN area, the photo’s are all taken near/on the Amity Creek Trail and 7 Bridges Road. The dogs were with me but for once I made it a point not to focus on them as my subjects – that doesn’t happen very often for me!

This shot is off the side of the narrow hiking trail that leads me to the main trail – a local access trail that has seen a sharp drop in traffic this year. I liked the way the light was coming through the trees in the distance, however the scene doesn’t transfer to a small photograph as well as I’d hoped.

559036378_wkzYQ-L-1.jpg

The next opportunity came near one of the bridges that gives the road its namesake. The bridges have been refurbished over the last few years – the work was sorely needed.

578146246_DjJ79-M-1.jpg

This is the view down the other way.

578146239_WGvAz-M-1.jpg

A little further down is a set of falls that run into a nice trout stream. My dogs love to swim in the hole at the bottom almost year round. I am trying to gather pictures of these falls from each season to put together in one image.

578146235_PpmNs-M-1.jpg

In case you were wondering what the view was like on the other side of that bridge from up top, here it is!

578146242_keZZt-M-1.jpg

A little further up the stream (it's a stream now, but a raging river in the early spring!), there is a log that I’ve always found intriguing but the water has always been too high to photograph it properly.

559036369_dPVS3-M-1.jpg

559036362_zEAdC-M-1.jpg

Not too much further and we leave 7 Bridges Road behind and pick up the Amity Creek trail. This is one of the first scenes you see as you enter.

578146222_EsXqT-M-1.jpg

The next shot isn't too much further down the trail – the image is heavily processed but I liked the results.

578146212_yxxWF-M-1.jpg

Near the end of my walk, I happened to catch a glimpse of these guys. They allowed me to follow them along the creek for quite some time, my camera clicking away. I only ended up with a handful of useable images since I only had a 70mm lens and the images needed to be heavily cropped.

559036357_pbc4o-M-1.jpg

The last image is not from this walk, but on a Sunday afternoon a couple weeks ago. He lumbered through my back yard despite my uncle and I enjoying a beer on the deck and our total of 4 dogs sounding off at the intruder…he was bold!

a>

Hope you enjoyed the pics – as always, C&C is welcome and appreciated.

Nice shots! is this by the zoo?

Thanks for the compliments every one!

No, these shots are from the other end of town. They are closer to the Hawks Ridge area. Ill have to get down near the zoo if the area could be mistaken for this one. Ill put it on my list!

Nice series Outlaw, the images due an excellent job of leaving the viewer with a sense of what a walk through that area would be like on a sunny day. I really enjoy the log images, that is some narly texture. You should check out the hiking trails behind the zoo, they are every bit as good as the areas around seven bridges. The superior hiking trail also runs through that area and beyond.