• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Home Mold test accuracy?

Luck e 1

My wife has all of a sudden developed some really bad allergies. My daughter nd I don't seem to have them, but she is worried that it may be mold related.

Are there any of the home mold testing kits that are better than others? What should we look for in the testing kits?

Honestly I don't see any really visible signs...but it could be anywhere.

Seasonal allergies can appear at any time and at any stage in your life. She may just need an allergy medication. Mine get bad about Mid June and last thru October.

If you do believe it is mold, you can get a test kit at LOWES or Menards and send it in for testing. Or hire a mold inspector. That would cost more money but they can usuallt pin point the problem areas..

Has your wife been into an allergist to get an evaluation?

This may be a better starting point as they can do a battery of tests to determine which types of irritants she may be allergic to.

Good Luck...