• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Mille Lacs Smallies

Juan Grande

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Juan Grande- white spider grubs on 1/8oz mushroom heads. The mayflies were going nuts but we managed to tough it out until about 10:45pm. We did also catch a few early morning before sunrise on cranks.

Deitz- Found a good deal on a Triton TR21. It's no Bass Cat, but it works.

I was on the big lake on saturday since I got a place not to far... You are right LOTS of mayflies the little guys were on a suicide mission too, I watched hundreds crash right into the water and die... You know if any of you guys wanna go smallie fishing on the big lake I know a good place you can crash/charge the boat up not far from the SE corner of the lake whistle

Did I mention I like going out fishing too cool

Must be some dumb fish....

Do you or him ever catch any fish when a guide it not putting you right on top of them? I fish a lake in the east metro where we do really well on the bass.... It is a devilish lake if you know what I mean wink

So you do know who this is..... hehehehe. It was fun ripping on JP for a while.

Thanks alot for that spot by the way, that was a blast catching them on live bait. I am heading up on Sat. to the Battle Lake area for a week vacation with the family. There are smallies on this lake I will be on too.... Hopefully I will get some nice pics.

I was out on the east side on sunday and got skunked. The water was extremely murky from all the wind. mixed with the bluebird sky it was just a tough situation. Did see 3 muskies and caught a PB walleye though. Im going to wait until we get a nice calm day again and i'll try bringing the little boat out there to see if i can get some of those ML smallies

Not sure how fast you guys usually fish tubes, but there was a cool article in this month's In-Fisherman about snap/speed fishing tubes for smallies on big water. Combines the fast presentation of a crankbait or spinner to cover lots of water with the effectiveness of a tube.

You pretty much never stop reeling and almost fish it like a jerk bait.