Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Pink Floyd

Washing Cycle?

10 posts in this topic

I just bought a new cycle with lots of chrome. Driving on our dirt road the bike picks up a lot of dust. What is the best way to wash? Just a hose or power washer? Soap on not? Do I need to watch out for ignition parts?

Thanks

PF

I always just use soap and water and a sponge to wash my bike. Get some car wash soap, don't use dish soap. I've never worried about getting ignition or anything else wet.

Hose er down, hit it with the sponge, rinse it off and you should be good to go.

never use alcohol based products (including PBR) grin on the windshield.

Does any one have any good methods to get out the real fine swirl marks from your paint?

I just bought it and I think the swirls are from the dealer using a buffer to wax it. Let me know what ideas you have. Thanks in advance.

there are a few things that have worked for me but id have to say the best one was hand buffing the paint. granted i don't know what the swirls on your bike look like but mine wasn't that bad so I just lightly buffed them out by hand.

I had something a bit similar. I went to the auto parts store and chatted with those guys about it. I ended up getting the absolute FINEST rubbing coumpound they had and very gently rubbed it out. A good hand wax job afterwards and it looked great. I'm pretty horrible with a buffer so hand work is the only way for me to go.

I just use the hose to wash the bike. I am worried about the pressure washer blowing water into places it shouldn't be. I use a sunwash that doesn't leave water spots and/or dry it off with a chamois.

Hand waxing helps elminate any "swirls" in the paint.. at least it did for me.

I use an auto wash soap and a pressure extension on my hose.. figure the bike can ride in the rain. I shouldnt be to afraid to spray it down..

Avoid using a cotton towel when drying.. that can cause swirls and leave cotton blobs all over..

You will definately develop a method after washing it down over and over again.. if your like me... you enjoy looking at it just as much as riding it.. and thus.. she gets a bath often !