• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Cedar Lake St. Croix County

We were out two weeks ago from about 10 am to noon and did ok on the bass. Only two were keeping size, but we had fun. We caught them on the northeast side while attempting to catch some walleyes, both the big ones bit on a spinner rig with crawlers, a few others on a white spinner bait tipped with a curly tail. Nothing was biting particularly well all day. Try the docks and the weedlines. There's also a rockpile on the North end that might be worth a look, or any of the sunken cribs. I'm sure there are some in the southwest bay, but it is very weedy and we went on a Monday, so all the churned up weeds from the weekend were on top. We did see a monster musky lurking in the bay as well, just watching everything I threw at it without even considering biting. The walleyes have been the hot topic of the lake lately with all the cribs, but from what I have heard many of them fall into the slot size. I don't remember the specifics, but I think there are some special regs posted at the boat landing on the north side. Good luck, let us know how you do!

I have only fished this lake in the winter and I was wondering about parking at the ramp on the north end. The lot only has a few spots. Is it OK to park at the school or whatever that is on the other side of the road from the ramp?

Just got back from fishing Cedar. My friend hooked a pig muskie in the bay you were talking about Ace. Got him up to the boat when he saw us he made a run and snap! Figures he never fishes and hooks into that. Caught a 17" bass on Kermit in the pads, otherwise nothing much.

Glad to hear you had some action anyway. There are some dandy muskies in there, for sure. We were out on Monday and the fishing was very slow...The wind and weather hasn't helped either...

There is a landing on the North end, right by an old school house. If you take county road M out of Star Prairie it will be on your left. I think there is a pay landing off of H on the south side as well. The lake is always green:-)