• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lowrance problems

alg

Question

I have a Lowrance 330c gps/graph, and a friend of mine has a Lowrance 332c. We're both having the same problem. The gps works fine, but the graph does not. Sometimes I have difficulty getting an accurate bottom reading, or the screen goes entirely black. It's worse when I try to speed up (and not all that fast). Sometimes the bottom is there, but the digital scale is way off (if I'm in 20 feet, the digital will say 115 ft. Anyone else having this problem?

6 answers to this question

try getting an update done. Mess with the ping speed and sensitivity settings and see what happens. I have a 332 and the gps is great and the sonar is a real pice of $hit. I have a $60 portable unit that works a whole lot better. On the mud bottom areas I have a real problem picking up bottom. If u call lowrance they will probably send u a new transducer unit for free that may be the culprit. Best advice would be to by a sonar and put it right next to the unit u have.

1. Make sure your transducer is mounted correctly.

2. When you're driving your boat, have someone look directly behind your transom for the areas with the least amount of turbulence. That'll be your "sweet spot" for where you want your 'ducer.

3. Factory settings on these units are a pretty good standard to run at unless you feel comfortable playing around with them.

I have the same problem with mine. I am on my third transducer. I am thinking about going with one of the new HDS models. Probably the 5 as it is more in my budget. Do you think the new HDS models are enough improved to make it worth my getting a new one? Thanks, I enjoy reading all the information on this site. Looks like a great site I just stumbled into.