• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

This is the week

Well, as most of you know we have been Foster Parents with the intent to adopt a 12 year old girl. I'm not gonna lie, there have been some tough times and times where we wondered what we were putting ourselves through. In the end, we felt it was best for her to still become a part of our family. I think most things we went through most parents go through with even biological children. There were chalenges for the most part because we went from a three year old daughter up to a twelve year old with nothing in the middle of how to do with things. We also don't know her entire back ground so that makes it hard.

This Thursday, July 2nd, we go to court to make it official. We are becoming parents for the second time and it's an exciting time I thought I would share.

Thanks guys, this is our second adoption. First one was a baby. We didn't have the money to go that route again and feared we wouldn't be able to adopt a second. Found out about the MN waiting child program and are very happy to be going through our second one. Who knows, maybe more down the road.

Congrats Shane! Having a 12 year old girl in any household can be challenging and you couldn't pay me enough to go back to that age! I think you're a great guy to give a warm and loving home to this little gal. Who knows where she'd end up without you and your wife.

congrats shane. lisa is right i would not want to go there agian. i will stick to my grandkids, spoil em then send them home. which i need to add took my grandson up north and had a great time with him, just the 2of us. we got fish and he was a trooper with cutting wood.

Congrats - I remember when you started this journey last year. Its good to see things are working out - nothing is worth having it its not worth working for. You and your wife are good people to go the non-traditional route. That said I'm married to a gal who was adopted and I have an adopted sister and they're both very thankful for what they have, even if there was a rough patch or two.

Thanx all. Tomorrow is the big day for us at 11 AM. Court should only take 10 or 15 minutes and then it's all legal. She's been my daughter since she moved in but this makes it official. I think she's scared and excited all in one. Let you all know how it goes when I get back tomorrow. I think her and my little one are more excited about coming to work with us in the morning than the court date.

Congratulations & good luck tomorrow.. My daughter is now 22 and past the teenage tantrum stage..(thank GOD eek)...But wouldn't have passed it up for the world (I can actually say that now)

You are a special person for all you've done for them..Now making that final family tie is the greatest thing in the world for all of you!! laughlaughgrin

Congratulations! Hope things went well for your family on the 2nd. It has to be a weight off of your new daughter's shoulders to know that someone loves her enough to choose her to be their child. Twelve is hard enough without the uncertainty of where you are going to live, and who your parents might be. I wish your newly expanded family all the best!

Thanks all, it went really well. Court only lasted about ten minutes. Just ask you a few questions and that's it as everything has been done before hand.

We had a great fourth and she seems to be warming up to me now. The last couple of weeks she has really been giving me a hard time verbally (nothing disrespectful) by making fun of me so I think she's getting a hold of having a "Dad" for the first time. This weekend we are having a big "Adoption" party for her to welcome her into the family.