• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Making Bobber Stops

I came across the bobber stop making tool (without instructions or supplies) in some of my grandfathers stuff after his passing.

Here is my question, what type of line/thread do you use when tying bobber stops?

Thanks

Ryan Brink

RBandSASHA

i have been using the line that came on my windlass tip up. it was way to weak, and it was breaking on the hookset. so i wound it on a spool,and replaced it with 30lb braided nylon. and i use the old line for slip bobber knots. it is great, very easy to work with (i dont use a tool) but holds a good strong knot, that is pretty small. perfect for open water float fishing. so ur line doesnt catch the stop and completely ruin ur cast.

tight lines

A spool of dental floss goes a long way's.

I dont think I have ever used one up. I have a spool in my Ice fishing box, and my open water bag. Other than bobber stops, it can be used to pull hooks out of your hands, or arms wink , using the "push pull" method. And if you are really hosed, it can stitch you up. Or you can reatach a skirt, or.......

Oh ya, the bobber stop thing. Loop, twist (4), tighten, and trim.