• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Muc33 lands his first Flatty

DTro

On very short notice, Chad made the 2hr drive up from Worthington to fish with WWG and I. It didn't take long at all from him to learn the "agony of the defeat" part of this game as it was a swing and a miss about 5 minutes into it.

The wind picked up and we had to tuck into some snags close to shore. Right away WWG drove the hook home and landed a little guy. Now that Chad seen how it was done, he was told by WWG that "the next one is yours".

Not much longer it was smiles and high fives all around as he boated his first flathead:

chad.jpg

Shortly after that I boated a nice 20lber and while unhooking it, Chad set the hook into another fish and I was thinking "alright, double" but a few cranks into it, the fish came came unbuttoned....bummer.

It was a pretty eventful night with all of us boating a fish and a few others that were missed.

It sure is fun to take a river rookie out and show him the ropes. Thanks for coming up on short notice Chad and thanks for the great guide service WWG!

I had a blast! And for never being on the river, and never catching a flathead..... you two were first class guides! Put me on fish right away, be forced to move due to weather, and be right back on fish again! Awesome. The river pro could become addicting! Nothing like fishing in a boat that is just like a 20' Jet Ski! I got my first flatty, got my first river expierience, got to enjoy a good 4 hours on the Harley, and best of all, I got to fish with two river pro's.... Thanks WWG, hope I didn't leave any stains in your boat...... And thanks Dtro, the invite was greatly appreciated! I'll be back!

Nice fish Chad. After dropping the dog off after she nearly swallowed a 6/0 circle hook, Special Ed (The Bullhead King of the Upper Midwest) and I got into a flat apiece.

Congrats on the good fishing. The access sure was full!

Softshell Ed, Special Ed, Bullhead King...they're all the same man. The dog is good.

I heard your dog passed a hook once, so at least I wasn't in uncharted territory. dtro almost needed to bring the hydrogen peroxide, and if that didn't work I'm guessing surgery would have been a little spendy!

Softshell Ed, Special Ed, Bullhead King...they're all the same man. The dog is good.

I heard your dog passed a hook once, so at least I wasn't in uncharted territory.

Yeah, he passed one, it was one of those floating jig head things, walleye-sized. So, much smaller than what you were dealing with.

Nice fish Chad. After dropping the dog off after she nearly swallowed a 6/0 circle hook, Special Ed (The Bullhead King of the Upper Midwest) and I got into a flat apiece.

Congrats on the good fishing. The access sure was full!

We had a channel somewhere in there and a few missed bites to. Don't forget your flat was tagged.