• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Minn Kota Traxxis?

riverrat56

Question

9 answers to this question

Ok so I see that there is two models of the 55#, one has the Digital Maximizer and varible speed, one does not have the Maximizer and only has 5 speed. I've had an Endura so I'm used to the 5 speed, but do I need the "Maximizer" is it worth almost $100 more?

Everyone I know that has the Traxxis has been really happy with it.

I think the maximizer is worth it. Speed is infinitely adjustable, you just turn it up or down to where needed, instead of "clicking" it into one of the 5 speeds --- so you get better speed control. Also, it is a huge saver on battery life, your battery will last much longer with a maximizer motor than without.

The rebate is still in effect for a few more days. You can see the details on the Traxxis and the rebate here at Pro Fishing Supply

PJ, your links to your site don't work for me.

Thanks for the info on the motor though, I will likely go with the higher priced model then. Hopefully it last for 5+ years and I'll be glad I spent the extra money.

I have many hours on my new Traxxis. It's a 55# with maximizer. I'm very happy with it. The only issue I have is that occasionally it gives me a fight when trying to tilt forward. With splash guards you need to tilt it when raising or lowering it. And you need to pay attention when locking into place for use as it will tilt on it's own when you goose it. It's all related to the same mechanism.