• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Humminbird SI

bassislife

Thinking about upgrading from Lowrance to a Humminbird SI. The question I have...

Can I download my Wayoints and Icons on a SD card and somehow enter them into the Humminbird? Or will I need to enter each one into the Humminbird one by one.

Thanks

I purchased a Humminbird 798 ( had a Lowrance GlobalMap 3300c ) this spring and had no problem transfering waypoints, I don't use Icons so I'm not sure if they transfer or not.

Humminbird has their software on their site that you can use with your SD cards.

Mike

Just a simple SD card reader, I'm not sure what you have for equipment but it can be built to your printer if you have a multi function printer with a card reader, if you have a laptop, I know mine has it built in there as well. Sometimes your computer can already have the card reader built in the front of your computer. If you have none of those, you can purchase a card reader from a electronics store or online, they should run somewhere around $15 - $25 or so.

I can't remember the exact steps now but you have to open the Lowrance files in your Humminbird software, you can then ' tweak ' your information and Icons, then you can upload the waypoints you select, back up to your SD chip and then insert that chip into the Humminbird and it will detect new data when you turn it on and import it........... If I'm off on this, someone can chime in but that is a quick run down on how it works.

I do remember using EasyGPS for something but I don't think it was necessary, EasyGPS is a free program you can download from their ( EasyGPS's ) site, it's good tool for archiving your waypoints and other items, I'd hate to lose mine. Also, if you have to, you can convert your data in there from one manufacture to another pretty easy just by saving it in different formats.

I hope I didn't muddy the waters too much.

Mike

No muddy waters, just thanks for the info. I have 2-522's and one has a problem.

If I make the change I have around 500 waypoints that I would like to transfer as easy as possible.

Thanks again, I will need to update my updates!!

You know, now that I think of it, I might have used EasyGPS to convert my lowrance files to a gpx file, seems to me that is what the Humminbird like to import as far as file type goes for waypoints.

Eitherway, with the EasyGPS program, you've got them stored in your computer and you can play with your waypoints from there.

Good luck!

Mike

If you can wait, I'd hold out for the Lowrance scan that's coming out later this summer. From the whispers in the wind it sounds like it's going to be a pretty sweet unit. Just a thought!

From all the issues I hear about Lowrance on this site, I would go with what you know works... the bird

The problem is Lowrance.

I want to begin a new experience with the bird. I have always been a lowrance guy for almost 30 years, but I hate fixing things before they are even broke!

Join the revolution. The 'Bird side of things is much more reliable, and they work in shallow water too! Everything you want to do you can do from the Humminbird HSOforum. I converted all of my Lowrance waypoints over to my new Humminbird unit by using the free software.