• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Yamaha 25 hP

bassislife

I'm looking at getting a Yamaha 25 HP tiller 2-stroke before they quit making 2-strokes. I do have a 4-stroke 50hp that I like on a larger boat.

But my smaller 16' boat that I have would be better off with the lighter weight of a 2-stroke then a 4-stroke.

Does anyone have a 2-stroke Yamaha 25 that would care to share if they like it or not? Does it foul plugs when trolling all day? And how slow does it troll down.

I'm thinking about putting it on a 16'alumacraft that weighs around 650 lbs.

Also how does the motor up and plane out of the hole?

Thanks

Thanks Northlander.

I think I'll be looking for a late 90's or early 2000's used 2-stroke because they have change a few things these last couple of years. I spoke to a yamaha mechanic today and he said that these last few years due to emmisions, they had to change the carb a bit. He said that they do not troll down as good as the 25 hps that are a little older and they require you to mix the oil ( not oil injected ). Thanks for the info!!

I'll be looking for a used oil injected model.