• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Summertime Stuff

I figured it was time to put the Spring thread to rest. June is about over and its hot and humid. Keep up the good post guys, put your summer adventures here. Tank and I are heading down the Catskills tomorrow to disturb the trout population. I'll have pictures cool

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am going to northern az in a couple weeks trout fishing. Temps are in high 60's most days elevation of 9000ft. Should be fun except for the altitude headache for the first couple days. Then back to the 110 degree days til our trip to omaha on the 22nd of july then home again for august and then hopefully to leech first part of sept for a week or so. Then Oct brings elk hunting and the holidays. My year is done.

Sounds like a busy summer/fall for you man!! enjoy!!

Ive got some more camping to do locally and lots of fishing to do too, till Sept 1 then early goose season. Then ducks and then flipping coins thru october n November to decide on goose huntin or deer huntin. mid to late December will bring the ice and then we can start the viscious cycle all over again. Oh yea I should probly try to find a job some time in there too grin

Tank and I fished two streams down in the Catskills today and had a really nice day. Both the Willowemoc and the Little Beaverkill were bank full and anywhere from clear to a tad murky. We fished from about 7 till 3 covering ground and learning the place. He had only fished the Willow once and it was about 40 years ago, and my little foray a few weeks ago was it for me. We landed about 25 trout and missed lost a bunch more. Tank accounted for about 2/3rds of them. Most were 10-12 inch browns, some were smaller native wild brookies and dad got two real nice browns in the 15 inch range...

Not much room to work with and he's in some fast water...

114k.jpg

Dad took his time and I got a net onder this thick brown...

116ial.jpg

A bit of a differnt angle...

105gui.jpg

Some kind of neat wild flower, I found a whole patch of them...

106tcw.jpg

Quite a few old covered bridges in the area...

124pbd.jpg

Got to love the markings on wild brookies...

120joz.jpg

Some guys down on the bigger water but the small water was all ours...

117hba.jpg

Awsome stuff Jay cool. Im headed to Eaton Brook this am. Mommas alarm woke me up so I guess Ill go fishing. Todd,Hope the dog is doin good. Call me if you wanna come over to Eaton Brook this mornin im solo..

Cali, thanks for the offer Buck is not doing good at all frown.He is still doing circles to the right its been a sad 24hrs for myself.One thing I can say is he is still eating and drinking going to the bathroom.Tommorow morning he will be going to the Vet for a blood check for his Phenobarbital levels I cant watch it much longer its very possible he will have to go down.

Todd, Sorry to hear that Buck isnt doing well. I know its tough but try to think positive. If the worst case theme plays out, Hes had a good life and im sure you have many many fond memories that you will keep for ever.

Ok enough mushy [PoorWordUsage] grin.

Fished Eaton Brook this am from 6:00 till 11:30. Did lots of exploring and I think I may have found the key to some success. Put several walleys in the boat rangeing from 9"-22"... All were released and of course I didnt have my camera and my cell phone was in the truck so no pics. cry sorry!! 3 decent perch and after the waldo bite went away got into many many sunnies and blues in the exact same area confused.. When the sun started warmming things up the boat traffic really picked up so I left the area and just messed around with some sewer perch for the last couple hours..

Over all was a great morning for me. Even got to see some Bikinis cool

It was really a great fishing day down in the catskills. That many fish in mid summer conditions. The creeks were beautifull and a great day spent with Jay.

Todd - praying for the best with Buck.

Nice posts on the fishing guys... Thanks for sharing.. Todd - I am sorry to here Buck is not doing so well. Saturday was my grandaughters 1st birtday party and today I had a doubleheader to do at 4 - 6 p.m. Got word that our Browns trip will be Oct 25th against Green Bay. Gonna miss Rosa's brother Marc coming up for the weekend, but it's football and I'm sure he will understand. Todd I'll give you a shout tomorrow and will say a prayer for Buck...

Looks like tomorrow am is the best chance to get some fishin in weather wise. Momma just told me the daughter is going to the aunts house for the night so im free for the day tomorrow whistle. Im gonna go somewhere just not sure where. Will try to remember the camera this time. grin.

Fished Oneida couple more times. Very slow for us. 1 good eye and 1 lost at the net cry. Sorry bout that Todd. Maybe thats why you tell me to keep fishin and leave the net alone grin. Few perch and white bass and thats about it. Ill be out of the water at least till Monday as we will be headin to cedar valley for the long weekend tomorrow mornin.

Have a safe weekend everyone..

Ive been busy with work lately so I havent got one here much but did manage a few gills and alot of small crappie @ eatonbrook.every one was @ the 8" mark ,should be good for the hard water! ;)Just got a new fly rod and my Orvis fly tying guide,going out for gills tomorrow with the fly rod then prob.hit chittenango for trout.

Not to jump the gun on the Summer Time Fun...Kirk/Chris...are you planning on the upcomong Archery Season? If so, get a hold of me, I have 2 Trail cams out and have some nice pics already. The Mathews DXT is getting a new string and some other tune ups. I downsized my peep site to the smallesr G5 had to offer. Let the sticks fly in our approach to the dominate season...FALL cry

Yeah what Doug said confusedconfusedconfused What's up mutha brotha? I have been bustin it this season so far and I got rewarded with my first forfeit game of the season Wednesday night. wink Kinda early but softball players take vacations at this time along with alot of Moms and dads, oh well. Was supposed to go Holland Patent Legion for a 8:15 p.m. last night but the coach got ahold of my scheduler who inturn notified me of the cancellation do to to you guessed it.. Not enough to field a team, game cancelled. I get paid for forfeits and not cancellations and to be completely honest I think I am overpaid for my work.

Todd let's go soon! Took the dog for a ride for a coffee and breakfast sandwich and Peanut got her donut holes. cool I have been up since 6 a.m. and am ready to fish, call me grin

Todd and I fished hard today looking for about anything to pull on the lines and we didn't fair to well a few silver bass a few perch, a smallie and a couple of walleye's and only one keeper. The weather was rough and my back to a beating. Took a percoset and a heating pad to make my back feel a bit better. One thing I learned was Todds super glue did the trick when a walleye sliced a 2" gash down the inside of my left thumb. I applied pressure and dried the area and then put crazy glue along the gash and Viola it did the trick. Thanks Todd.

Met Steve and Tom at Steve's camp on the canal and had a nice peer with the boys. Hope they do a bit better fishing tonight because after 8 hours in the boat with todd I will need a day to recoup. Can't remeber if I ever fished in roller like that today. Had a great time with the guys as usual. Looking forward to hearing from Jay's trip up to Rob's camp.

Heading to Lee Center Field days around noon tomorrow to take Amanda on a few rides and watch my buddy Kevin play softball.

Chris...Let's put your trail camera at Daryl's. I would like to have us focus on the 150 acres at my house. I have been watching 2 velvet 10's across the street almost every night. They are going back and forth from my property and the Forever Wild property accross the street. I think they are the same ones from last year, as no one in my area shot anything big last year.

You might be able to get a used bow or a good priced new one at AJ's. I will be over there today. I have been hanging out with Allies husband Chris. They bought the horse farm next door. We have been stalking Woodchucks with the bows. 3 confirmed so far wink

I'll call you tonight!

Doug Im ready when you are I got the other trail cam to throw out there,and the sickle bar mower's ready to go!Just got to buy another doz. arrows for practice.also got to pick up a bow for Josh.

Chris!! I have a bow sittin around. Whats his draw lenght?

Callie- not sure yet I have to take him over im guessing 27"

Doug- no prob, I just mounted the trail cam up @ the garden ,ourchard was destroyed and its full of deer tracks.About 30 yds from the nearest tree whistle