• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Hot/Sunny Days

no_bod

Was curious of how you guys approach muskies during hot/sunny conditions. Also, I have been seeing some fish up in the shallows, but they don't seem interested in anything. Any suggestions? Thanks guys.

Use the Banjo Minnow.

Kidding, but maybe that'd work I have no idea, that informercial gets me going everytime I see it. And most of the time those fish are up sunning themselves because they're not out on feed mode, so it could take something special to get them to go.

Jerkbait or a twitchbait of some kind would probably be my first choice, or plop a dawg in front of her nose.

all i know is lately we've seen a lot of fish up shallow on the inside weedline just sitting like logs or slowly cruising. no takers, not even a glimmer of interest

had 20+ follows and 3 fish boated on the outside weed edges.

that's the pattern i've seen with the hot sunny weather

most know this but for those who don't.

fish are extra fragile when the water get's real warm. they are already stressed and a fight with ''us'' can do them in quick. proper handling (or not at all is best)especially larger fish like muskie is more important at these times than any other. personally i don't even fish for bigger ones when it's hot for more than a couple days in the rivers and then only in certain cooler areas like near springs and good current. never in small shallower lakes even the first day. boatside releases are a way i keep them swimming if i happen on one. just a thought for you.

Depends on time of year and if water temps are rising to the max or not, early on can be wild bucktail action if there's some wind. Once water temps max out, mow the yard, repair stuff, because waiting for last light might only get ya west nile virus or caked with mosquito bites anyway.