• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Timberwolves 2009-2010

fishin58

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They definitely weren't sharp for most of the game. But quite a way to start off the Rambis era. And how often do you see a rookie do what Flynn did in the 4th quarter of his first NBA game? This guy is going to be fun to watch once he gets comfortable in the NBA game.

No one works harder than Brewer. But he obviously still needs to learn how to relax when he has the ball in his hands. Hopefully Rambis can get him to play under control. He can have a good NBA career if he can just settle down a bit...or maybe a lot.

Aaron

Brewer definitely has to settle down out there, so many bad decisions with the ball. A perfect case for a player staying another year or two in college to refine his game. Some players need it some don't, he needed it.

We were at the game last night and decided to leave when they were down by 18 in the third quarter, big mistake!

I didn't realize Lopez had such a silky smooth jumper from 17 feet. Hollins obviously didn't either as he kept letting him take it uncontested.

With that said, I think Hollins is going to be a nice energy guy for us off the bench. Think Mark Madsen with height and athletic ability.

I know it's a complex offense, but I thought the Wolves looked out of sync trying to run the triangle. Give it some time I guess. Great win!

To think Lopez was sitting right there in the draft just waiting to be paired up next to Jefferson. DOH!!!

i like Love, but i agree with the "doh" on that one. Al should not play C, he gets absolutely dominated. he's a mismatch in a great way when playing PF, but a terrible mismatch when he has to guard Centers.

i hate to say it, but i really think one of the two PF's needs to be moved in this process. We cannot eventually make the playoffs with Jefferson at C

Nice game last night, it was an exciting one to watch. It would have been even better if we would have won, but at least it brought some excitement to the team, it showed they are capable of competing with a good team.

Will Love even make a difference or do we have to watch this [PoorWordUsage] all year? Gimme back McFail, this team stinks!

Maybe they will sign Mark Brooks and James Holleywood Robinson out of retirement to jack up threes when they are down 25 every night.

They'll probably stink all year, but that was to be expected. They're learning the triangle offense which takes a while.

If we can land a good wing player with a top five pick next year we'll have our core in place.

I agree that Jefferson should not be guarding centers. Probably didn't help that he lost like 40 pounds in the off season either. Good centers only come along once in a great while though which makes passing on Lopez hurt even more.

Maybe next year will go after Joe Johnson as a SG to be the shooter triangle offense needs, and take Cole Aldrich in draft for center, or Derrick Favors so he can dunk over everybody and give wolves an athletic forward.

Anybody wishing we trade Jefferson? can he not notice double or even tripple teams everytime he gets the ball. pass the ball please, it's sickning watching guys strip it everytime

I think Souhan said it best in I think Saturday's paper when he wondered why Kahn hired Rambis to coach this team when he wants to run an offense that has only been run by 2 teams in the history of the NBA and they had players named Jordan and Bryant running the show. They have a pick n roll PG in Flynn that they won't let run the pick and roll and they have a low post scorer in Jefferson that they are not letting him use his low post abilities!!! I love the Wolves but this team is just lost!!!!!!

Yep, I can understand making Flynn work outside of the box. But why fight it that much to try and develop the team that way, when the players are not right for the system. We know what Jefferson can do on the low block. Why completely go away from that?

I was going to start a Fire Kahn thread, but it may be a month or two premature. The players are all overpaid. We should grab 5 guys from the Arena club and save some cash on the payroll. I can't believe some of these teams can make it seeing the number of fans in attendance.

Brandon Jennings goes for 55 last night. lol

I was going to start a Fire Kahn thread, but it may be a month or two premature. The players are all overpaid. We should grab 5 guys from the Arena club and save some cash on the payroll. I can't believe some of these teams can make it seeing the number of fans in attendance.

Brandon Jennings goes for 55 last night. lol

this is in jest right? Under Mcfail we'd be wired in mediocrity and bad contracts. Kahn got rid of the worst contracts, put us in a position to get a top-3 pick and he also acquired both charlottes (top 12 protected) and Utah's first round pick. 3 first rounders (the later 2 could be packaged to get another high pick or moved for a player. also he put us in a position to have 20 million dollars of cap space heading into the offseason. lets not forget we have 1 star overseas as well as a very solid C developing.

Kahn is the only reason we have an eventual chance at doing something. He's stated all along we are going to be terrible for a year or two.

Kahn so far has been a breath of fresh air for T-wolves fans...although I am not sure about his coaching hire but his moves he made with the roster and salary cap have been great for this franchise!!!

The Wolves have been one of, if not the worst, run franchises in sports history and I see very little improvement based on this years team. To waste a top 5 pick on some over hyped wannabe Pete Maravich is just an example of things to come. There seems to be more fans watching a Lynx game than the Wolves games so far this year.

They have no chance at signing any of the top free agents. Although I love Minnesota, most NBA players would prefer New York or Miami. Bosh no, Lebron lol, Stoudemire no, Wade no, Dirk no, Johnson no etc.

Come on Ping Pong balls.

I would rather sign a couple good role players than one all-star anyways. I am excited for the signing of free agents next summer.

And as for the Rubio pick being a waste. I don't know how you can judge it with out him even playing for the t-wolves yet. Give him a chance. He might not be the next pete mavarich but he is a teenager with a whole lot of potential to help us down the road.